GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As of today Hagerty has accepted my truck for collector car insurance! Woot
I will now pay less than half what I was paying through state farm! 'Very gooood, high five..."

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
WHAAAAAAA. I didn't know you could insure something so new with them.

They're a great company. The only hard part is that the car has to be garaged all the time.

·
Registered
3,563 Posts
I use American collectors Insurance for the 57 Pickup, and have been pretty happy with them. My corvair will have normally insurance since I want to be able to drive it to work, and to walmart.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
WHAAAAAAA. I didn't know you could insure something so new with them.

They're a great company. The only hard part is that the car has to be garaged all the time.
I did not think they would either, but my brother recomended it since he has it on his truck (mopar guy). I did not really do it based on the age, it was mainly a mileage thing. Since I drive it less than 1k a year, I gave it a shot thinking 'the worst they could say was no!!', but they said yes!! 282 a year, not bad at all!!

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
I'll have to keep them in mind if/when I get an old school towing vehicle...I'll have to see if they will insure it if I use it to tow though

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
I did not think they would either, but my brother recomended it since he has it on his truck (mopar guy). I did not really do it based on the age, it was mainly a mileage thing. Since I drive it less than 1k a year, I gave it a shot thinking 'the worst they could say was no!!', but they said yes!! 282 a year, not bad at all!!
Hmmm. I don't think they have a mileage limit, at least, my policy doesn't seem to mention one.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hmmm. I don't think they have a mileage limit, at least, my policy doesn't seem to mention one.
no I guess i was a bit unclear. I meant since I don't drive it that much was the main reason I did it!!

·
Registered
6,295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
My dad uses Hagerty for the Camaro and Chevelle. I'm really surprised that they did your truck though! I guess sicne it's a specialty vehicle they let it pass?
that is exactly it, I called and they first said no for age alone, but they said if I had a compelling argument they would consider! I sent them pics and specs on my truck's package and aparently it worked!! It is nice to know that they are willing to work 'case by case' to insure folks!

·
Registered
3,258 Posts
Funny.............I currenty use GEICO and it only costs me $106 EACH (basic cov.) a year for my Z-28 and GTO as addl. cars on my policy.
Heck ......my Truck and Caddy are only $245 each with full coverage.

But.....I am old so my insurance is cheaper........LOL!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Funny.............I currenty use GEICO and it only costs me $106 EACH (basic cov.) a year for my Z-28 and GTO as addl. cars on my policy.
Heck ......my Truck and Caddy are only $245 each with full coverage.

But.....I am old so my insurance is cheaper........LOL!
Age will definitely play a huge factor in the price of your insurance. It sounds like you are getting a pretty decent deal from the Gecko.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts