GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the side badge said S10 and underneath it- said Tahoe.
Extra long little truck..
was this a factory truck?

·
Registered
11,071 Posts
Tahoe was a trim package on the old S/T-body S-10s and S-10 Blazers.

TrailBlazer was also a trim package on the later GMT330 Blazer.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Tahoe was a trim package on the old S/T-body S-10s and S-10 Blazers.

TrailBlazer was also a trim package on the later GMT330 Blazer.

Just as Envoy was a luxury trim package for the Jimmy.

·
Registered
6,710 Posts
I had the Trailblazer package on my 1986 S-10 Blazer. It was just an upholstery upgrade. I've seen dozens of those trucks and Blazers and it seems like they had more upholstery colors and fabrics than some entire car lines do now.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
Man, that thing sags like a pair of over-sized trousers.

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
I had the Trailblazer package on my 1986 S-10 Blazer. It was just an upholstery upgrade. I've seen dozens of those trucks and Blazers and it seems like they had more upholstery colors and fabrics than some entire car lines do now.
The last couple years of the old Blazer and Jimmy had upscale TrailBlazer and Envoy packages that consisted of unique finishes, rocker/bodyside moldings and interior trim. The Envoy trim even had unique headlamps, body cladding and front/rear fascias. I think both were a way to introduce the TrailBlazer and Envoy names in advance of the new for 2002 GMT360 models that would bear those model names. The seats in the TrailBlazer trim were quite attractive with tan and cream leather seats with an embroidered graphic.

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
Ya, Tahoe was a trim package. My '86 S-10 was a Tahoe. It had extended cab, bucket seats, 2.8L V6, 2WD, Automatic and A/C. That was pretty much it for options as far as I know. I got it when it was 19 years old.

·
Registered
6,295 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
We still have my brother's old '88 S-10 Tahoe longbed. He bought it in '93 and I bought it when I turned 16, then my Dad used it as a work truck. Has over 250k miles and still runs strong. Options are all power, tilt wheel, A/C, premium cloth bench seat, sliding rear window, 2.8L V6/Auto. My nephew just acquired the truck, so I think it's life will end with this owner. We couldn't have asked more from this little truck. The only time if left me stranded was when the fuel pump crapped out. Most reliable vehicle my family has ever owned. There is a deep sentimental attachment to it.

Here's a pic from about seven years ago, when I owned it and actually took care of it.

Sadly, it doesn't look anywhere near as good as this now :(

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dont you just hate it when you take care of something- and its passed on to a younger one- and they just tear it to shreds.......

·
Registered
2,903 Posts
dont you just hate it when you take care of something- and its passed on to a younger one- and they just tear it to shreds.......
My Aunt was the original owner of a 64 Mustang. It was her daily driver and she took good care of it. When she passed away a few years back it was passed onto my cousin who hasn't taken very good care of it. Last time I saw her, it was looking pretty sorry!

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
I see it all the time...we have customers who either pass on or trade into something else and the snotty grandchild takes the car or truck over...

Some of the horror stories I've seen in 21 years at a new car dealership would turn your hair purple!:(
My grandpa passed his 1987 Plymouth Reliant on to me...it never looked better. :cool:

I got new wheels, body work to remove the rust, new paint (base and clear) window tint and a few other things. It's been chillin in a warehouse until I can figure out what the hell to do with it...:eek:

·
Registered
463 Posts
I had a 92 s10 Tahoe regcab 4.3 auto shortbed. That truck would really get up and go, it kept on running like a champ till i sold it with 130,000 miles.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts
1 - 20 of 31 Posts