1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
Interesting that Bierman will be based in Korea, to bring his expertise in right at the top rather than at Hyundai/Kia's European R&D centre at Russelsheim or Performance Centre at Nurburgring.
The fall of BMW from grace continues. This is an opportunity for the likes of Corvette's Tadge Juechter, Camaro's Al Oppenheiser and V series Tony Roma to drive the nail harder on the BMW coffin.

GM's weak link is Steve Kiefer, I believe, he does a great job, but he could do better.

·
Registered
18,488 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do they have saloon versions on the back burner ?
I don't think so.

OTOH, they may be in the back room of the saloon, dreaming impossible dreams and imagining imaginary images and imaginary friends.

Reactions: usayjim2

·
Registered
19,331 Posts
Wow, so they have the styling guy from Audi and now BMW for engineering high performance. If I recall properly, Hyundai/Kia's biggest area they fall short is handling/ride - I bet this is just the guy to fix that. Toyota/Honda getting a little more nervous?

·
Premium Member
2,854 Posts
The fall of BMW from grace continues. This is an opportunity for the likes of Corvette's Tadge Juechter, Camaro's Al Oppenheiser and V series Tony Roma to drive the nail harder on the BMW coffin.

GM's weak link is Steve Kiefer, I believe, he does a great job, but he could do better.
BMW hired Ferrari's former technical director, Roberto Fedeli, a couple months ago. He was with Ferrari since '88 and responsible for engineering on all cars since 2007, including LaFerrari. BMW is trying to get their grove back but I'm glad H/K is pushing forward.

·
Registered
5,300 Posts
BMW hired Ferrari's former technical director, Roberto Fedeli, a couple months ago. He was with Ferrari since '88 and responsible for engineering on all cars since 2007, including LaFerrari. BMW is trying to get their grove back but I'm glad H/K is pushing forward.
Great info on BMW. If they can get their magic back, it would be great for car lovers everywhere. Right now, all you get from BMW is fat pricey pigs.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts