GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a GTP COMP G?

I have a 2004 Grand Prix GT and I really want to get a GTP COMP G but Im wondering if its worth getting over the GT?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Really, regular GTP to Comp G GTP is a small change. Both are supercharged, but the Comp G added slightly stiffer suspension, the paddle shifters, and maybe some slightly different programming. Otherwise, nada.

So if the paddle shifter idea as well as the very slight suspension firmness bump interest you...find one. Otherwise, a regular GTP is little different.

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Really, regular GTP to Comp G GTP is a small change. Both are supercharged, but the Comp G added slightly stiffer suspension, the paddle shifters, and maybe some slightly different programming. Otherwise, nada.

So if the paddle shifter idea as well as the very slight suspension firmness bump interest you...find one. Otherwise, a regular GTP is little different.
This brings two other issues at hand for me....

I also love the new G8 and the Camaro........

Id love to get a G8 GT or even better GXP but I question if its going to be worth the extra cash over the GT.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have a 2005 GTP (white) with 24,000 miles I'm looking to sell for $15,200 OBO. Let me know if you want to see some pictures.

Brent

·
Registered
1,358 Posts
I've got the CompG and am absolutely loving it.

Here is a link to the differences between a GTP and a CompG:

http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tm.asp?m=3409269&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

For me it was really worth it and the price was right for the CompG as well. The biggest difference is the 3.29 to 1 final gear ratio. Accelerates really quickly but it does eat some fuel as well. That's one thing I don't mind. There's also the variable steering assist you get, HUD, Stabilitrak, light weight alloys, higher limiter, and performance tires.

It is up to you if you think it is worth it. Mine ran a 14.77 at the 1/4 in stock form and useless tires.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have an 04 Comp G that I bought/ordered new and I now have 60k miles on it. It's been a great car for the family. I didn't even consider the standard GTP. The stabilitrak sport, HUD, axle ratio, red calipers, rims, and variable effort steering made the small extra cash for the upgrade a no-brainer. I also ordered it with the Monsoon sound system. The only down side is that it doesn't have the exhaust note of my brother's 08 Grand Prix GXP's 5.3l V8.

Between my brother an I we have:

89 Grand Prix SE
98 Grand Prix GTP
04 Grand Prix GTP Comp G
08 Grand Prix GXP

I think this goes to say how happy we've been with the 3 generations of W-body GP's!

We also each have a 2500HD (02 & 08), but now I'm rambline off topic! :)

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
I heard the Stabilitrak in the Comp G is amazing...like you can take any corner with only the slightest hint of sense and it'll kick in and take it

And it's the greatest example of a factory 3800 powered vehicle, performance wise

·
Registered
7,686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
there is a black GTP COMP G in my area with the interior color that I prefer too..........

2004 for $11,000......

How do the Comp Gs hold up with miles on them?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts