GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I took a quick glance at the article so I may be off in some areas of the comparison. I believe the GTO got the high marks in subjective areas, ie ride quality, interior fit and finish, ergonomics etc. which were all good. However, these are muscle cars (OK the Mustang is a pony car but it does have some muscle)and in the performance areas the GTO got its butt kicked. The Mustang was better in the 1/4 mile, 13.4 to 13.9 (or maybe it was 13.8..either time I find to be very disappointing for the GTO), it was better through the slalom and in braking... The Mustang even had a bigger trunk! The GTO is nice and the '04 Mustang is OK. I guess the real question will be what are you looking for in the car. If performance is your first concern and comfort is second then the Mustang wins by a fairly good margin. If it is the other way around then the GTO gets the nod...While R&T gave the win to the GTO (and a win is a win) I sure wish It had beat the Mustang in some of the performance areas.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.