GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

to that everylasting question of what the GTO would look like with out a roof. And, yes, that is left hand drive... so guess whos getting this? hrmmmm :blink:

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
I like it! But I am not sure if the GTO will ever get it. Because it has been said that there will be an ALL NEW GTO after the 2005 MY, which means that there is a chance it will not be based on the Monaro. And we know that the 2005 is not getting it.....or at least think.

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's great!! That car should have been in the states/Canada long ago!!! Even with a smaller motor it would sure compete with Chrysler's converts very well. I don't think Caviler and Sunfire have ever been real players in this market. It seats four which Solstice doesn't and I don't know about Velite. People in younger markets often have small children who would think the car was AWSOME!!! might be nice to take them once in a while. Let alone groceries or golf clubs with the top down. Maybe give it a nose job and tail lights, give it to Buick, they've then got a unique to Buick player, not just a high priced Pontiac. Plus GM doesn't P**s away millions in developement money!!!!

·
Registered
954 Posts
Its a concept only, there may be a Zeta Monaro/GTO converitble, but it has been confirmed there will be no convertible on the current platform, its too late in the cycle.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
see that this is an Australian model with the different gas tank position, I dont think that this would work on the US version with the gas tank moved up behind the rear seats. Though I wish it would because this car is gorgeous!

·
Registered
481 Posts
I thought there was going to be a new GTO after '07 on the Zeta platform. Wasn't the '05 just going to get a new hood or fascias?

·
Registered
215 Posts
The GTO would have been perfect for saab, imho, however, i still liike it as a pontiac. If its a good car, i dont care what gm sub company its under.

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Originally posted by 69nova@May 20 2004, 12:09 PM
My first thoughts were "It looks like a Saab convertible".
So, how are Saabs selling in the US?
The new vert is selling well, although some dealers I have spoken to said they wish there were more colors, although customers seem to find the interior is nice than that of the BMW 3, though not as nice as th A4, but 'hipper'. :D

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
The car doesnt look to bad, but it is not something i would want, it just doesnt look like the right style, but then what do i know, i dont take to new cars very well at first, they kind of have to grow on me for a couple of years. After that i start to like them. Any one else feel the same way?

·
Registered
3,703 Posts
Originally posted by pupp1@May 22 2004, 08:09 AM
The car doesnt look to bad, but it is not something i would want, it just doesnt look like the right style, but then what do i know, i dont take to new cars very well at first, they kind of have to grow on me for a couple of years. After that i start to like them. Any one else feel the same way?
Any examples of cars that grew on you? I know that I fell in love with A&S... :laughbounce:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts