GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Let's hope that Pontiac pulling out of NASCAR means they will take advantage of Holden's hard work on the racing Monaro and put it to good use in a racing Pontiac GTO!!!! :D (And not some lame NASCAR or Drag Racing fiberglass shell with "GTO" stickered on it)

·
Registered
396 Posts
if GM threw the GTO into NASCAR, it would be the first car in some years that you could win on sunday and buy on monday. well, sort of :D at least it would be closer than what's out there :lol:

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Originally posted by mackingu@Nov 22 2003, 12:13 PM
if GM threw the GTO into NASCAR, it would be the first car in some years that you could win on sunday and buy on monday. well, sort of :D at least it would be closer than what's out there :lol:
i'd like to see it entered into nascar the way it should be.. "holden monaro takes the checkered flag".. but thats not going to happen. think the engines actually too big for nascar rules.. matter of fact, if i ever get my hands on a gto, which i hope to, i'd put it back the way it belongs and style it back to the monaro(wont be too difficult since theres not a huge difference). i know this would tick off gto diehards fans, but i never liked the gto!!

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by IMPALAon20s+Nov 23 2003, 10:14 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (IMPALAon20s @ Nov 23 2003, 10:14 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mackingu@Nov 22 2003, 12:13 PM
i'd like to see it entered into nascar the way it should be.. "holden monaro takes the checkered flag".. but thats not going to happen. think the engines actually too big for nascar rules.. matter of fact, if i ever get my hands on a gto, which i hope to, i'd put it back the way it belongs and style it back to the monaro(wont be too difficult since theres not a huge difference). i know this would tick off gto diehards fans, but i never liked the gto!! [/b][/quote]
I bet you could import some Chevy Caprice parts they use on the Middle Eastern Caprice version of the Commodore.....and have a RWD 2004 Chevy again! :p

·
Registered
475 Posts
If the GTO ever got a new 428 at 35k, I would love it no matter what it looked like. (dammit, they need to give the GTO traditional Pontiac dimensions)

·
Registered
475 Posts
I don't know, based on looks, the GTO basically looks like a fat Grand Am without cladding.

The LS1 T/A's owned the GTO in pretty much every "sports car" category.

Not in the luxury sedan department, though. :)

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by TAFreak@Nov 23 2003, 07:12 PM
If the GTO ever got a new 428 at 35k, I would love it no matter what it looked like. (dammit, they need to give the GTO traditional Pontiac dimensions)
428? Boy.. this aint no Ford!!

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by TAFreak@Nov 24 2003, 04:50 AM
I don't know, based on looks, the GTO basically looks like a fat Grand Am without cladding.

The LS1 T/A's owned the GTO in pretty much every "sports car" category.

Not in the luxury sedan department, though. :)
that has yet to be seen. It did run a faster 1/4 then a 98 TA.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts