GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
739 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is interesting.... I was home yesterday and caught the last few minutes of the Price is Right. And part of the final showcase had a GTO as a prize! It was a Cosmos Purple one if I recall correctly. I thought it was pretty cool to see a GTO already making it as a prize on a game show.

Get this... the kid bid on the "showcase", which included the GTO and a few other nifty prizes. His bid...$25,000 Can you believe that? The base MSRP on the Pontiac site is $32,495. Well needless to say he was waaaaay under the actual price of $42,000. And believe me he looked seriously upset.

·
Registered
6,303 Posts
I saw this one episode of the Price is Right a month or two ago and the game was to organize numbers into the correct price for the vehicle. Well anyway, they had a Pontiac Vibe and the lady arranged the numbers to where she thought the car was like $38,000!! I couldnt believe it, here it is, a compact car and she was guessing $38,000!! Well, the actual price of the car was like $19,000, lol. It was one of those classic game show moments if you ask me.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts