GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Sorry, the whole "Evil WS6 Angle" isn't going to work with the new GTO.

It doesn't fit the image at all, the car is about as threatening as Barney.

I didn't notice Samuel Jackson as the voice when I saw it on TV though.

·
Registered
750 Posts
badass...tafreak your just jealous

·
Registered
475 Posts
Hmm, I'm just jealous of:

1) A car that is slow than the ones I currently own
2) A car that will be mistaken for a Grand Am from the front, and a Neon from the back
3) Samuel L Jackson
4) Ford, because that company actually seems to be catering to it's performance enthusiasts, instead of it's "tunerz"
5) A car that I could afford, if it were up to my standards
6) All of the above

:blink:

·
Registered
750 Posts
no your jealous of

1) 2 usefull backseats
2) A engine with actual low end power
3) A car meant to be turned with speed (whispers: in case you didnt know your car can't handle for crap)
4) Actual quality interrior
5) A cool built in shift light
6) An image that isnt assosiated with every punk *** 23 year old male who thinks their car is the best car in the world
7) A car that would be rare when its popular, unlike the ever so common 4th generation fbody
8) A car that doesn't have a gawdy *** gorrila hood front end and wanna be batman spoiler.
9) A car that doesn't have a sister car that is the exact same thing with a different skin....well thats sold on the same continent anyways.
10) A car that when fully loaded cost under 35K, (full loaded convertible Ws6's went for that, firehawks for close to 40.)
11) all of the above

pick one or all, your young I assume you know how to take tests. :D

·
Registered
475 Posts
1) 2 usefull backseats
Hmm, you're right. Just what I need in a PERFORMANCE CAR. I'm sure all those Vette owners are gonna go, "Damn, this vette wouldn't suck so much if it had two big *** backseats making the car look gay".

2) A engine with actual low end power
Oh, you mean the car that has the SAME EXACT type of engine my 98 T/A has. I hate to break this to you, but whatever GM did to the GTO.. it wasn't much.

3) A car meant to be turned with speed (whispers: in case you didnt know your car can't handle for crap
Wanna make a bet? I'm willing to bet even with my live axle I'd destroy a GTO on the track.Then again, autocross is for guys who drive miatas and wear ascots with driving gloves.

4) Actual quality interrior
The interior is actually quite nice... just the soft plastic seemed to turn off import fairies like you and Motor Trend. Granted, since you've probably never been in a performance car, you can't really contrast and compare. You probably don't know this, but the late 4th gen Trans Am actually gets positive remarks for how comfortable the front seats are... that's why a lot of camaro guys swap for them.

5) A cool built in shift light
Oh boy, does it come with naawwwsss too? I drag race... thus I have an automatic. Only idiots use manuals to seriously drag race.

6) An image that isnt assosiated with every punk *** 23 year old male who thinks their car is the best car in the world
I think you're confusing the last true american muscle car with the dainty-yet-tubby phone company fleet car from down under.

7) A car that would be rare when its popular, unlike the ever so common 4th generation fbody
Popular would mean hard to get. The dealership I visit has TEN still available. Maybe that's some kind of success, but they got twelve total.

8) A car that doesn't have a gawdy *** gorrila hood front end and wanna be batman spoiler.
I'd rather have a fast car that looks fast, than the GTO.

9) A car that doesn't have a sister car that is the exact same thing with a different skin....well thats sold on the same continent anyways.
Okay, I don't see how that's a negative for the car. More cars = more, cheaper performance parts.

10) A car that when fully loaded cost under 35K, (full loaded convertible Ws6's went for that, firehawks for close to 40.)
Are you just naming off facts now? Are you going to be like:

11) A car that has 4 18" wheels
12) A car that was built in australia

pick one or all, your young I assume you know how to take tests.
I'd rather be young and successful, than be old and posting from my parents basement like you probably are.

·
Registered
750 Posts
rofl, you really are to much, listen to yourself.
Sports car owners dont need back seats huh, then why does your firebird have them? Your argument is as tame as you are, Vettes don't have backseats because the people who own them don't want them. How many vette's sold are actually raced maybe 15%. I hardly think that people who buy a vette are doing it because of its less weight. GTO owners might actually have people to transport, unlike the stereotypical 45 year old Corvette driver.

The engine is not the exact same, it has a different cam shaft, and changes in the heads to give it more low end power. Not to mention all the changes made from 98-02 on the LS1 in the fbodies alone, so total compared to your car is more then you think.

HAHA you really think that your live axle is going to handle better then the IRS system on the GTO? That Comment there is funny. Autocross is for the guys who have the balls to try and turn a car.

HA, the interrior of the fbody was mediocer at best, they suffer from the same GM parts bin that the current C5 does, except only worse. I think it's funny that you assume so much about me because I back the GTO. I own a performance car and its more hand quality american than yours will ever be. Not to mention I frequetly drive my brothers fourth gneration Z28.

Only sissies don't shift for themselves. Automatics are for lazy fat people who have no skill whatsoever. Hey check me out I can press the gas and go in a straight line....yeah thats skill. The shiftlight is a cool feature because it lets you keep your eyes on the road, and keeps you from buying an aftermarket one, or a big gawdy tachometer that is uneccasary.

If you think your car is a muscle car you must be joking, the LS1 is about a muscley as the Ferrari 3.8 V8.

Are you talking about fbodies or GTOs at the dealership you visit...clarrify.

Well you can keep your gawdy wanna be fast looks, it doesn't make you go any faster.

no im not going to be like that, its a simple cost comparison, a GTO cost a good deal less then a Firehawk, and the Ws6 was in its exact price range..so if you could afford the GTO chances are you still couldn't afford a firehawk or various types of TA's.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Enough chatter! I need new pants because of that ad PRONTO!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Finally found the GTO page! :lol:

I for one am glad that at least one division of GM saw fit to keep making LS1 powered RWD vehicles. The Monaro is an excellent vehicle by all accounts. Restyling it to "look" aggressive would've added years to its development. If the worst criticism of the new GTO is the styling I think we'll all be ok.

I prefer the Monaro/GTO to other pony car's styling and would've liked to have had a spoiler delete option as the car doesn't really need it. The T/A's styling has limited appeal and would not have attracted me or probably any of the other GTO buyers. I was in the car market last year and could've bought the commemorative T/A or SS Camaro but really don't enjoy driving a vehicle that looks so similar to it's 1993 predecessor. My 1997 Anniversary Z was a blast to drive but what I won't miss far out weighs what I will.

I can't wait to see what GM brings in from Holden next! :bounce:

·
Registered
954 Posts
I saw another monaro again today, it just reminded me what a sexy profile it has. It may be plain, but damn those lines are clean and sexy in the flesh, btw anyone who ordered a silver one you'll love it

·
Registered
475 Posts
On multiple occasions:

NAIAS in January
I saw a GTO at a gas station (believe it or not). (Search for the thread)
I've taken pictures of the GTO sitting in the GM parking about a mile from my house. (Search for the thread)
I saw one go by on 15 mile the other day (black one).

I live right by GM's brain.. the GM Tech Center.

I'll bet I've seen more 04 GTO's than you have. Probably more than anyone on this board.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Indeed.

I don't entirely hate the Commodore/Monaro/GTO.

I just think they should have brought it back as something else. It's more of a luxury car in Australia (from what I've read) and I think it would have been more suited as a killer new Grand Prix.

As a Grand Prix (or hell, Bonnevile) the Commodore/Monaro would have been great.

The GTO should have been brought back in the right way, it's a legend after all. It should be completely awesome, not partially awesome.

·
Registered
750 Posts
As odin says thats your opinion, your the only one here who seems to think it isn't...this thread anyways.

you know you make alot of comments and take alot of pictures for someone who hates this car...yep jealous :lol:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts