GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
So, can I have a Chevelle or am I going to have to consider this until I can afford a Corvette?

Solstice Targa is nice but too small and still prefer the Sky...hmmm I am all over the place.

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Can anyone read Korean? This engine has so much capability I would love to know what the boost level was at when it made the 290hp.

·
Banned
6,921 Posts
Sorry guys... I know I'm supposed to hate this car, but I can't.
No worries. I've got you covered.

I like the wheels. It's got great wheels.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
...i really don't see the appeal.

You got to ask yourself a question.......which would you rather have?? A sporty 'edition' of a FWD econobox......or a RWD vehicle designed & conceived as a sporty model from the start??

·
Registered
3,730 Posts
It could have 500hp and get 50mpg, but it still looks like ass. I'm getting a cheap, Korean Infinity M knock-off kind of vibe from it...

·
Premium Member
3,040 Posts
I love the fact that it is RWD with a high output turbo 4 cyl but I'm not really a fan of the looks. I probably wouldn't buy a coupe anyway, too impractical for me.

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
It could have 500hp and get 50mpg, but it still looks like ass. I'm getting a cheap, Korean Infinity M knock-off kind of vibe from it...
That's because Infiniti was their primary target when designing/executing the Genesis Coupe ;)

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
Got to give Hyundai credit for going RWD...don't like how it looks (some alien mutation of Ford kinetic in front) but it will be difficult to ignore.

·
Registered
8,971 Posts
Got to give Hyundai credit for going RWD...don't like how it looks (some alien mutation of Ford kinetic in front) but it will be difficult to ignore.
Seconded. Has Toyota or Honda, or even Nissan, brought an inexpensive RWD coupe to market recently? I have to give Hyundai credit for even trying to break in to the segment.

·
Premium Member
23,621 Posts
I'm really curious to see the price of this thing, in 4 and 6 cylinder versions. Even with the very sweet 2.0L turbo 4, the Camaro will be at a 30hp deficit. Not the most enviable of positions, especially if it ends up costing more. Camaro looks better, but I think that non-GMi members (which represents a pretty decent chunk of the car-buying population) will be happy enough with the look of the Genesis coupe.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
That shot of the side shows just how nasty concave surface look on the sides of cars. Thanks Bangle, you j&%$, you've ruined cars for decades to come.

Now someone teach GM how to do slap 2 turbos on the Ecotec, please.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I see "problematic" written all over this car. I'm not expert at turbos but how can a little 4 cyl handle 290 hp? I say 5 years down the road, they start running into big engine problems.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts