GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went yesterday to buy a 2008 Corvette coupe from a Chevy dealer about 1 hr drive away. I located the car I wanted online and emailed the internet manager - he gave me a price and I drove down to see the car.

The experience was wonderful. The sales manager came to meet me and made me feel very comfortable about doing business with him. The general manager came over and talked as well, I know they were doing typical sales tactics "Your car sure looks nice doesn't it" type, but they were never pushy and took a lot of time to talk about their dealership and the car.

I asked for a trade evaluation, and as expected, they lowballed the offer. I told him that would not work, and he asked to go take a look at my trade. He came back a few minutes later and said it was a very nice car and he was confident he could raise his offer by $2000. That price was the price I had in mind as fair, so we shook hands, I told him to get the paperwork ready, and asked how long it would take. His reply: at least 7 hours, and we all had a good laugh.

The papers took 20 minutes and I signed, signed, wrote a check, and we shook hands and I took the keys to find my new car pulled up the door with a full tank of gas. The dealer took a picture of me beside it, brought me a cold water to take home and a set of dealer-logo tumblers, and everyone waved bye as I drove away.

In short, so far it's been a wonderful experience and has given me new hope for the car buying process. I definately plan to utilize this dealer and recommend them whenever possible.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
Great story. I love when the deals are quick, easy, and everyone stays happy.

Funny, but yesterday I spent all day driving around to 5 different Chevy dealers--Malibu #2 shopping--and could write a review of each, especially in comparison, by the end of the day. Most were great, but one was just ugh...trying to explain "Yes, REALLY, I'm telling you, a 4-cylinder LTZ Malibu not only exists it's now common and standard" only for him to pull out a brochure and spend 5 minutes perusing it trying to prove me otherwise. I was nice, but good lord, was that a difference from the others. The building was drab too, and not as upbeat as others.

Congrats on the Corvette and that you had such a good time and deal with that dealer! Most, I think, really are great, it's just the handful of less than stellar ones that skew the perception.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
Great story. I love when the deals are quick, easy, and everyone stays happy.

Funny, but yesterday I spent all day driving around to 5 different Chevy dealers--Malibu #2 shopping--and could write a review of each, especially in comparison, by the end of the day. Most were great, but one was just ugh...trying to explain "Yes, REALLY, I'm telling you, a 4-cylinder LTZ Malibu not only exists it's now common and standard" only for him to pull out a brochure and spend 5 minutes perusing it trying to prove me otherwise. I was nice, but good lord, was that a difference from the others. The building was drab too, and not as upbeat as others.

Congrats on the Corvette and that you had such a good time and deal with that dealer! Most, I think, really are great, it's just the handful of less than stellar ones that skew the perception.
I would hope you make the trip to Reedman-Toll. Even if you buy your car elsewhere you should visit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.