GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, first time here, so just hoping you can help a guy out!

What I have is a 2k4 GP GTP Comp-G, and I am in need of new struts..

I have gone to the local GM dealer and got PN

Front : 88955411 @ $174.78 per
Rear : 88955413 @ $178.06 per

I was just curious to weather there were cheaper alternatives to the GM product.. as I found some Monroe struts that were only around $80 a piece.

Being a Comp-G I'm not sure if those monroe's are up to FE3 Spec.. and if they are not, will it hurt putting them on even though they belong on a regular GTP? I don't do any hardcore cornering or anything like that, so the softer ride probably wouldn't bother me.

Any information/part numbers would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for the help!

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Also - My main problem is a rattling noise coming from the front when going over bumps. I think I have it narrowed down to it being the front driver's upper strut mount.. but do you guys think otherwise? Just a metal to metal rattle sound...

I replaced the LIM gasket, and on up.. and everything should be tight.. I guess I never really noticed when the noise started..

And I figured if I'm going to take the strut apart, I midas well just replace all the struts right away.. (97000 miles)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.