GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5,633 Posts
Some cars just out stay there welcome.. Cavalier, Classic, Grand Am, Cutlass Ciera and Buick Century in 1996, Lumina in 2000, Ford Taurus and mercury Sable, Crown Vic and Grand Marquis. Some of these models date back to 1979 and 1982! I can understand where some negative comments emerge regarding these "outdated" american cars! I also think GM needs to retire some of these old models and instead make sure the new one fullfills the market needs and wants of both consumers and fleet sales.

· Registered
5,633 Posts
Originally posted by xtremegrandam@Jun 14 2004, 10:44 PM
I would rather them keep them around as fleet vehicles than not at all. If the companies still want to buy them why not expecially if it reduced the # of G6 that will be fleet vehicles. I just wish they would make the malibu and grand am fleet vehicles and leave the g6 out of it. My Grand Am is only 2 years old and I watched the value go from 21K at purchase to the 7K-8K that I can trade it in for now :(
This is exactly my point with carrying these cars over so long. When we purchase a Lumina or Malibu, it is practically worthless. And then there are the Impalas and Grand Prix's and many other vehicles that are all fleet specials and they are worthless in just one year. Lets face it, no mater what the General makes it will soon be a rental lot favorite and loose lots of it's value. So why not just drop these old stagnent designs and try marketing the new ones. I'll bet Chrysler isn't going to carry over Intrepids and Concordes for fleet 05 models!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.