GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I regularly beat on my girlfriends 03 Grand Am GT coupe.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I want a new car.
Who doesn't?
I just like my car as a 4 door daily driver with sleeper look, and being able to smoke other cars.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Originally posted by AznGA@May 30 2004, 01:14 AM
I want a new car.
Who doesn't?
I just like my car as a 4 door daily driver with sleeper look, and being able to smoke other cars.
The best I got out of my g/f's '03 was a 15.8 @ 85. Hardly enough to smoke a lot of cars.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
My car isn't stock. You drive a muscle car. You would only wanna race other muscle cars like Stangs, but I race different cars than you.
:)

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Originally posted by AznGA@May 31 2004, 01:07 AM
My car isn't stock. You drive a muscle car. You would only wanna race other muscle cars like Stangs, but I race different cars than you.
:)
I wasn't comparing it to my car. I compare the GAGT to things like The CL Type S, Altima SE, etc... Even a lot of 4 bangers will whip up on a GAGT.

I think if you want to modify a car, then a GAGT isn't the best platform to start with. It makes a nice daily driver though.

And I know you can say "well there is this guy that did this and this and runs this and this time", but all that time and money and stuff could have just been put towards a car that could do it right out of the box, or with very minimal modifications.

But hey, whatever floats your boat.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CL Type S? That $30k sports coupe better be able to smoke my car, otherwise Acura would be doing something wrong. Altima SE, I have yet to race that one. Name some 4 bangers that will whip my car. My car beat a new Celica GTS. SRT-4...$20k car with no power rear windows, no thanks. It's still a Neon. I wouldn't say your car is the best platform to start with either. Which is more respecable? 4 cyl car running 13's or a V8 car running 13's?

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Originally posted by AznGA@May 31 2004, 10:25 PM
CL Type S? That $30k sports coupe better be able to smoke my car, otherwise Acura would be doing something wrong. Altima SE, I have yet to race that one. Name some 4 bangers that will whip my car. My car beat a new Celica GTS. SRT-4...$20k car with no power rear windows, no thanks. It's still a Neon. I wouldn't say your car is the best platform to start with either. Which is more respecable? 4 cyl car running 13's or a V8 car running 13's?
E/T isn't the only thing to be considering. Most sport compact guys only care about that. Guess what? On the street, your mph has a lot more to do with the outcome than it does when you're just running 1320 feet.

Sure, an 04 Neon with the LSD SHOULD run 13.80-14.0. at what though? 100? It'll get raped on the highway. I haven't personally seen any SRT, Evo, or STi run 13's stock around here though.

Then you can say, "well, do this and this and you can run this". Throwing modifications in the mix changes everything. There are several stock bottom end LS1s well into the 10's that drive home with their A/C blasting and all creature comforts. I haven't heard of a 2.0 doing that, let alone that 3400.

Like I said earlier. To each their own. Besides, I wasn't even comparing a V8 to a 4 cylinder. I was simply stating if you want to go fast, the Grand Am isn't going to be the best platform.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Like I said earlier, I was calling for Grand Am owners, not looking for people to comment on how fast we can go. Way to hack the thread.
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
I wasn't trying to hack the thread. I simply made a smart *** comment that was supposed to die. That's why I linked to grandamgt.com.

If you go fast in a turbo 4, or a naturally aspirated 8, either way it's cool because you're both into the same thing, which is getting there first.

Either way, at the end of the day, it's run what ya brung.

Btw... I was looking at the timeslips from when I ran my g/f's 03. It actually went 15.8 @ 87, rather than 85. It must be the "ram air" :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
I think that's enough sarcasm out of this thread, it was meant to be:
Where's all those Grand Am owners? Fast 4-doors & daily driven SE's alike :D .

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Originally posted by AznGA@Jun 1 2004, 11:34 PM
Ya, Ram Air does help at high speeds.
I don't beleive that ram air stuff myself. I mean, look where it goes... in the grill, then swings down into the wheel well. Not to mention there is a big hole in the bottom of the tube before if goes into the air box. My SS has a better ram air setup than that, and that's a gimmick as far as i'm concerned.

For ram air to truely work, the air needs to be pressurized. There is absolutely no way it is on the Grand Am. Again, just another way to help sell a car.

"Ram Air by Pontiac" :flush:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts