GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife got a new job with a 60 mile round trip commute. We really like her TrailBlazer and really don't want to get rid of it, so we got another car and kept the TB. It's a 2008 Pontiac G6. Its the next step up from the base model and has 17" wheels. See Pic below. My wife loves driving it and she's has a heavy foot, but it still delivers over 25 mpg. I could see it easily getting 30+ if you tried. Just got the windows tinted today for our S. FLorida Sun and to make it look cool.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - It's a bright white, not the creamy white.

·
Registered
7,418 Posts
Congrats. My friend loves his 2006 G6 GT.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
I've always had a soft spot for the G6. I think it looks ugly on the lower trim levels, but yours and the higher trim levels are very attractive cars.

And I don't think the interior is as bad as everyone says it is, either. Very nice car.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
I've always had a soft spot for the G6. I think it looks ugly on the lower trim levels, but yours and the higher trim levels are very attractive cars.
Funny you mention that...

I have a G6 GTP and someone else I know just recently got a stripper base model with nothing on it. A friend of mine saw that base model and said, "Wait...G6...that cannot be the same car you have, they don't even look alike?!??!"

Congrats on the G6 purchase!!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
nice....
what was she getting in the Trailblazer? mileage wise?
For me- my 03- yesterdays tank yielded 19.5 mpg in mixed city/hwy.
I drive sensibly and smart. thus the good mileage.
on a side note- today my change oil light came on.... the oil in there went 11,123 miles.
Ill change it when I get home... but my sensible driving yields long change oil intervals.

We also have an 07 Impala with the 3.9- Ive managed to get 32MPG on it in long freeway drives at 55-65. so im sure you can get up there too....

·
Registered
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
what was she getting in the Trailblazer? mileage wise?
She was getting about 17 mpg while I can get 20 - 21 mpg keeping it under 70 mph with cruise control. I really like the TB's ability to haul stuff. With the resale prices I might as well keep it.

The G6 is a very good driver, it has really good acceleration for a 4 cylinder and it has a lot of room for a smaller car. However I still love my Cadillac :D

·
Registered
903 Posts
Nice car. I liked the 06 rental sedan I had last year. On the exterior anyway. I couldn't stand how the armrest was so far back it was useless and and uncomfortable driver seat.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
She'll enjoy it as we enjoy ours a lot. We have the same color, Ivory White. The other color offered is Diamond White, which has more yellow in it and is a premium color. The 09's will get a new white called Arctic White which is more of a true white than the Ivory.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Congrats on the new car. The G6's do like very good with the upper level models. One of my dad's friends niece has one and the first time he saw it, he thought it was a high end luxury car. Good luck.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts