GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look at the details like the rear passenger window....and ignore the chrome body trim and placement of license plate.

=

AND

·
Registered
819 Posts
I don't like the direction buick is taking. I like way the lesabre and park avenue look now. big, wide, long and flat. These new buicks look like imports or. . . .a taurs. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH:eek:

·
Registered
785 Posts
Does anyone like this car? Its constantly kicked in the balls all across these boards. If people in here dont even like it then good luck GM.....

·
Registered
263 Posts
Taking the car for what it's worth, I like it. It's a huge step forward from the Century & Regal. Buick's goal is to get this car in front of would-be Lexus ES300 buyers, and I think they've got a good chance.

I saw one at the NY Auto Show & it looked sharp in a dark color. (can't recall if it was black or just a very dark red/blue/?) This is definitely a vehicle that is much more visually appealing in person.

·
Registered
4,858 Posts
Originally posted by nsap@May 24 2004, 07:02 PM
I hate the back of the LaCrosse...  Its ugly and very cheap looking.. ;)
I disagree. But you can't tell that it's nice from pictures. You have to see it live, as I did at its Chicago Auto Show introduction (and, may I just pat myself on the back for breaking the story -- with photos -- on this forum in January?). Up close, you can see that the parts are all very precisely and cleanly fitted. It's a very nice job and looks expensive.

I think this is a hallmark of the Lutz era at GM - designing cars with nice details that are pleasing to the eye not necessarily because of shape, but because of craftsmanship (OK, perhaps not craftsmanship so much as precision manufacture). As Lutz himself is reported to have observed, what makes the Toyota Camry attactive is not the design, it's the fact it's all so precisely put together.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
I loved the LaCrosse and despite what other people have said, I think it will be a big hit for Buick. I like Buicks path so far.

·
Registered
866 Posts
I remember when the photos of this car where first released on this board. (Do a search through the archives.)

It was a brand new day for GM, with all of the praise this car received.

Now that we are over the "newness" are opinions changing?

I think we need to give credit where credit is due. I believe the new Cadallac styling (Art and Science) has really helped restore this brand. Also, the Solstice is a hit. And they did a great job with the restyled Vette.

But this Buick is not something that can take on Lexas. (The new Vallette concept could.) The Cobalt may be better than the Cavalier, but then most things are so that's not saying much. An GM's restyled minivans are going to crash and burn compared to what other companies are producing now. On ... on ...

GM has been following the pack too much recently. It's time for them to start leading for a change.

Steve

·
Registered
7,840 Posts
Thats funny, But hey the Taurus worked! and it does look like a Buick with the chrome and waterfall grille so why not.

And yes the largest manufacturer should lead not follow,but when they do we are left with things like the Aztec\Rendivous. They should listen to Caddilac geez even Subaru and let them help, its like our goverment they have been out of the school\job\buying a home\having kids loop so long they forget what the public is going through.

·
Registered
481 Posts
I wish they would have kept the full width taillights. That dent in the trunklid just isn't enough.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
I was gunna say it looks like the back of a Camry, but yeah go for the lower end Taurus or Neon. :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The problem is not that it looks low-rent, the Concorde isn't low rent. The problem is that it looks like something "been there done that" from the 1990's.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by PaleGreen@Jun 28 2004, 12:11 PM
Taking the car for what it's worth, I like it. It's a huge step forward from the Century & Regal. Buick's goal is to get this car in front of would-be Lexus ES300 buyers, and I think they've got a good chance.

I saw one at the NY Auto Show & it looked sharp in a dark color. (can't recall if it was black or just a very dark red/blue/?) This is definitely a vehicle that is much more visually appealing in person.
It was a Drak Charcoal.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Originally posted by Ming@Jul 2 2004, 08:00 AM
The problem is not that it looks low-rent, the Concorde isn't low rent.  The problem is that it looks like something "been there done that" from the 1990's.
LaCrosse's clean, attractive & conservative lines are a perfect fit for its intended audience of current Buick buyers & import "conquests". It's not like the primary competition offers anything special or groundbreaking:

Avalon:

ES330:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts