GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
When I fist heard that I thought "wow 1000Mb," and MSN only offers 2. :lol: Right now it's only a beta version, but when they get it up and running I plan on signing up.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Originally posted by Rex Raider@Apr 1 2004, 10:15 PM
Don't want to bust bubbles, but it's an April Fool's joke.
Actually I think this is still up to debate. They released it on April 1 and google has been know to pull a few pranks but this apears to be legit. I'm not concerned about Adwords in my e-mail, they are the least annoying type of ads by far. I have tons of ads in my e-mail service, as do most free ones. Considering I have 1200 e-mails in my inbox right now a gig wouldn't be a bad thing. ;)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
One thing that had been pointed out about this is the fact that if you delete your email, or even if you close your account, google has the right to keep a copy of that email (read the TOS). Basically, any private/confidential email that you delete (if you use their service) is still in their hands. Who knows what they'll do with it. Look here for some more info about this: http://slashdot.org/articles/04/04/05/0062...?tid=126&tid=95

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I would think that it's the same with any provider any e-mail can be read by anyone, deleted or not.
In my oppinion, they can go blind by reading all my e-mails, I simply don't care.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Originally posted by johnd89@Apr 5 2004, 02:35 PM
I would think that it's the same with any provider any e-mail can be read by anyone, deleted or not.
In my oppinion, they can go blind by reading all my e-mails, I simply don't care.
True, but google is specifically saying that they'll be keeping your email. other providers may not say it legally, and if caught, you might have a case to sue. however, i personally have no need for such email services, so i'm not too worried.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
WOW!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts