GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
i'm tired of people whining about gas prices, personally. the gas light in my car comes on when there are a couple of gallons left, which usually means i add 10 gallons each time i fill up. premium is now about $2.09 , whereas it was around $1.80 3 months ago. that's $.30 difference. it only costs me $3.oo more to fill my tank each time. granted, i don't have an SUV with a 30 gallon tank, but i also don't have the cash to buy one. when you spend the money on a vehicle like that, generally you have the funds to drive it too. if not, consider something else. the higher gas prices don't bother me much, nor do they bother many of my friends or family. hell, we could be in Europe and pay a LOT more for it. adjusted for inflation, gas prices are a nickel, that's a mere $.05 more a gallon than they were 50 years ago. gas is cheaper than milk!!! get real, it's not that bad. if it hits $5.oo a gallon, then you can start crying. meanwhile, enjoy it, we still have the cheapest gas in the world.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
First off I would like to say good for you and yours. But the people that are affected the most by rising gas prices are the people who have to drive 100+ miles a day to get back and forth from work each day. Such as I. You do the math.
I think you will be a little more understanding. Gas prices need to go down plain and simple,anyone else like rising gas prices, I think not.
my advice to you is buy a Prius or Civic hybrid. what are you going to do if gas prices stay where they are, or even increase? complaining about it isn't going to get you anywhere, and the fact is that oil is not a renewable resource. i'm curious what you drive, but would not be shocked if it were a Tahoe, or a Silverado. SUVs are not that useful. if you need fuel efficiency, and room to haul people or cargo, a nice minivan may be the answer for you. otherwise, pay 2 bucks a gallon for gas, and don't complain. gas prices could very well stay where they are now, and never drop again. to be honest, it wouldn't hurt my feelings at all if it did. we won't get the oil back once it's all gone. higher fuel prices could make people think twice about their gas-hog purchases the next time around. i got rid of my SUV for 30mpg, and have no problems with it at all.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
Why not an Aveo? He'll save 10,000 dollars of the price of a pricey one-year wait, MSRP if your're lucky Prius or Civic hybrid, AND get good fuel economy.

Ah, "must choose Toyohonda....must not deviate!" 

The Civic Hybrid is MSRP: $19,650 - $20,800, and the Prius is over 20K. Beside the recent news that Hybrid drivers aren't getting nearly the advertised fuel economy, the 10,000 difference with an Aveo is going to take a LOOONG time to make up with fuel economy savings.
a hybrid vehicle would save plenty on gas if someone drives 100 miles a day, not to mention that the stupid little Aveo is a really small car. the Prius is actually a midsize by EPA standards.

"ah, must choose GM".... there are better options. better fuel economy adds up, and especially when someone drives long distances to work daily. get over it. there is a segment in which GM does not compete yet. the hybrids.

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
we shouldn't have to change driving habits or ways of life for something as cheap to obtain and efficient as gas is. There is a crazy amount of oil in the world, and many fields haven't even been tapped yet!
this is another attitude that bothers me. we are not the only people who will ever live on this planet. there were people before us, there will be people after us. think of future generations, and try to conserve. (oh my God, i sound like a freaking greenie.....) seriously, why use more gas than you really need to. it's typical American excess. i think 2 bucks a gallon is fair, and it will at least make you think twice about stupid unnecessary trips before you take them. there is a lot of oil out there yet, but there are also more people on the planet than ever before, more cars than ever before, and this trend will only get worse. don't just think about you, think about the future.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.