GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 5 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Yes i do believe this is true. However there is the problem of the gas prices.
Who knows when the price is actually going to level off or if it will?
They are hitting everyone so hard which is causing a lot of little companies to close there doors forever, even some bigger companies that have been around for 10 to 20 years. At least where I live. I read in a news article that people were running out of gas because they were not filling there tanks. People are being stranded at the side of the road. In this article it also said that people are trading in there suvs for smaller cars. I am almost ready to buy a cavalier myself just to be able to afford the drive to work every day.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Originally posted by SUPERBADD75@May 22 2004, 05:50 PM
i'm tired of people whining about gas prices, personally. the gas light in my car comes on when there are a couple of gallons left, which usually means i add 10 gallons each time i fill up. premium is now about $2.09 , whereas it was around $1.80 3 months ago. that's $.30 difference. it only costs me $3.oo more to fill my tank each time. granted, i don't have an SUV with a 30 gallon tank, but i also don't have the cash to buy one. when you spend the money on a vehicle like that, generally you have the funds to drive it too. if not, consider something else. the higher gas prices don't bother me much, nor do they bother many of my friends or family. hell, we could be in Europe and pay a LOT more for it. adjusted for inflation, gas prices are a nickel, that's a mere $.05 more a gallon than they were 50 years ago. gas is cheaper than milk!!! get real, it's not that bad. if it hits $5.oo a gallon, then you can start crying. meanwhile, enjoy it, we still have the cheapest gas in the world.
First off I would like to say good for you and yours. But the people that are affected the most by rising gas prices are the people who have to drive 100+ miles a day to get back and forth from work each day. Such as I. You do the math.
I think you will be a little more understanding. Gas prices need to go down plain and simple,anyone else like rising gas prices, I think not. :argue:

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I give up. I think i will lay down and never get up again. For the vehicle I drive is job related.I have to haul stuff all the time,like 750 air compressors,sand trailers,different variations of metal structures.There is only two cures for the problem i have.One is lower gas prices.the other is to quit my job that i have been at for 5 years and find another one.maybe something close....yeah thats what ill do.... NOT.......and by the way i get about 14 mpg on the highway if i am lucky.and futhermore the majority of driving that i do is for work,other than that i stay at home most of the time.Driving habbits are not the issue for me,unless you count driving for work.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Originally posted by banzai79@May 24 2004, 06:04 PM
Ugh. Finland taxes the crap out of gas like the rest of Europe, which makes for a fictional gas shortage. Emissions have come so unbelievably far I think most people don't even realize how low emission something like a Suburban is.
The thing is, we shouldn't have to change driving habits or ways of life for something as cheap to obtain and efficient as gas is. There is a crazy amount of oil in the world, and many fields haven't even been tapped yet! This is an example of governments dictating to it's people how they will live. If you Norweigans want to be told what to do...fine. You can send your brains to the U.S. as you have no need of it. Americans are complaining because typically, we hate being told what to do..especially if there is no real reason for it.
yeah.......what he said.........

1 - 5 of 21 Posts