GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay i just did early lease turn in on my 01 Impala. what a great car I will miss it a lot because it was roomy smooth okay power and the first new car i bought. So in my search for a new car I came to the realization that the 04 Grand Prix was the same price or cheaper as the vibe grand am malibu vue impala and century. so some how I got a GT2 with a sun roof and cd/ cass player cheaper than i could get the smaller 04 malibu with minimal options. i dont know how the malibu had a window sticker of 22k and the GP was 24k and i still got off cheeper and with more options. My payment went DOWN 10 bucks vs. my 01 base impala with hub caps and a cassete player. And with no money down. Even the insurance was cheaper than a 04 Impala malibu vibe or aztek. It was added bonus that i found a salesman who was less interested in talkin price and just wanted to get us the best car we could for our family. I think this guy just won our business for a long time to come.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
TG,

Congratulations! Looking forward to hearing updates and poetic ramblings. :D

It was added bonus that i found a salesman who was less interested in talkin price and just wanted to get us the best car we could for our family. I think this guy just won our business for a long time to come.
Now THIS is what being a sales professional is all about, and I'm glad that you could get a salesperson worthy of your business.

You should still expect good followup and service, but make sure that this guy can stay in business.

1. SEND IN your GM customer satisfaction survey. GM and the dealership ONLY care about how many boxes get marked "Completely Satisfied," so if you aren't completely satisfied, call them up and give them a chance to earn those marks. Many dealerships, such as mine, reward their sales staff for strong customer satisfaction scores, and, btw, almost all of them reward their technicians.

2. Send this guy business. Lotta folks are gonna like your new car, letting them know that they can expect professional level service when shopping will be a favor to them. Get a bunch of his cards, and write your name on the back of them, so that he knows who sent him the business. In doing so, you're making your business that much more valuable to the salesperson and the dealership, and should you ever need them to go "above and beyond" to get you out of a pinch, they'll jump to keep you happy. If nothing else, you'll get a free car wash now and then.

Congratulations again, and I'm proud of the work that this staff has done for you.

Ghrankenstein

·
Registered
3,389 Posts
I had a chance to compare a Chevy Impala SS to a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP at the local auto show. The Chevy really looked cheap compared to the Pontiac and they were about the same price.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Originally posted by yoblues@Nov 4 2003, 02:23 PM
I had a chance to compare a Chevy Impala SS to a Pontiac Grand Prix GTP at the local auto show. The Chevy really looked cheap compared to the Pontiac and they were about the same price.
You said it first. I didn't want to say it for fear of angering the Chevy guys who think their cars are "just fine".

Let's see - a REDESIGNED Grand Prix with 20 more horsepower in a revised engine, or a tweaked Impala "SS" with the same engine the Buick Regal GS had 4 years ago...?

The choice is clear, unless emotions get in the way.

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
You said it first. I didn't want to say it for fear of angering the Chevy guys who think their cars are "just fine".

Let's see - a REDESIGNED Grand Prix with 20 more horsepower in a revised engine, or a tweaked Impala "SS" with the same engine the Buick Regal GS had 4 years ago...?

The choice is clear, unless emotions get in the way.
I hate sounding like a Borg drone here, but anger really is irrelevant; it won't change anybody's opinion. And I'm not even angry. "Crying on the inside," is probably more accurate.

In my review of the Impala SS, though, I -did- address both of those issues. Which makes me a genius.

Ghrankenstein :frankie:

·
Premium Member
34,854 Posts
seems like we gm fans have been optimistic about things for almost a decade, and now, despite our best effort, the end is near

·
Registered
721 Posts
Did you really have to dig up an almost 6 yr old thread?

·
Registered
11,215 Posts
Good "bye," not good "buy." :rolleyes: The Grand Prix was the good buy. :yup:

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Okay i just did early lease turn in on my 01 Impala. what a great car I will miss it a lot because it was roomy smooth okay power and the first new car i bought. So in my search for a new car I came to the realization that the 04 Grand Prix was the same price or cheaper as the vibe grand am malibu vue impala and century. so some how I got a GT2 with a sun roof and cd/ cass player cheaper than i could get the smaller 04 malibu with minimal options. i dont know how the malibu had a window sticker of 22k and the GP was 24k and i still got off cheeper and with more options. My payment went DOWN 10 bucks vs. my 01 base impala with hub caps and a cassete player. And with no money down. Even the insurance was cheaper than a 04 Impala malibu vibe or aztek. It was added bonus that i found a salesman who was less interested in talkin price and just wanted to get us the best car we could for our family. I think this guy just won our business for a long time to come.
Did you really have to dig up an almost 6 yr old thread?
And here I was trying to figure out how an 8 year lease worked.

·
Premium Member
36,171 Posts

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
And here I was trying to figure out how an 8 year lease worked.
ha I was thinking the same thing i was like wait turning in an 01 impala early lmfao?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts