GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anytime VW shows some super cool stuff you never see a whiff of it for production. The Golf R with 300hp and AWD is a certainty and now it seems like a Golf RS model should be available in the near future.

If produced it will certainly trump the CLA AMG in Turbo 2.0 hp and the VW will have AWD. I can't imagine how much fun to drive this car will be.

http://www.caranddriver.com/news/volkswagen-golf-r-400-concept-news

·
Registered
44,081 Posts
If produced it will certainly trump the CLA AMG in Turbo 2.0 hp and the VW will have AWD. I can't imagine how much fun to drive this car will be.
CLA45 AMG is a 4MATIC. The Golf RS would be more of an A45 AMG competitor, don't you think?

But... 45 more HP is significant in this class....

·
Registered
4,600 Posts
A 50 grand Golf?? No thanks!

·
Registered
8,945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
CLA45 AMG is a 4MATIC. The Golf RS would be more of an A45 AMG competitor, don't you think?

But... 45 more HP is significant in this class....
Agree on all counts. We can't give VW too much credit until the vehicle is for sale. I think $49,999 is a realistic price for a car like this. You're just not going to get that kind of performance for a cheap price that's for sure. You can't just see Golf and say no way to the price.

You are getting a very nice interior along with 400HP, AWD and not much over 3000lbs. Oh yeah!

·
Premium Member
6,926 Posts
Agree on all counts. We can't give VW too much credit until the vehicle is for sale. I think $49,999 is a realistic price for a car like this. You're just not going to get that kind of performance for a cheap price that's for sure. You can't just see Golf and say no way to the price.

You are getting a very nice interior along with 400HP, AWD and not much over 3000lbs. Oh yeah!
Yeah. $50k is actually reasonable for what you're getting. It certainly wouldn't be "just a Golf". It would be faster than an M3.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts