GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know why this always bugged me so much... but what is the deal with the Gold and Blue bowties? Besides the gold ones being hideously ugly? Is it supposed to symbolize something over the blue?

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
maybe the blue is associated with blue collar workers driving chevies and chaevy is trying to break that brand image? I dunno, classier seems better if you ask me, the gold looks good with most of the colour options on chevy vehicles, plus they're not all gold, on the epica and optra they're silver i believe...anyway...just mho

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Blue bowties remind me of an early 90's Lumina or something.... :p

Chevy obviously wants to use the positive brand image of its trucks and have that carry over to the cars.

BTW, I like the chrome bar strip on the front end of the Malibu -- sad to see it going away with the Uplander.

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
Originally posted by bakerna@Apr 11 2004, 09:07 PM
maybe the blue is associated with blue collar workers driving chevies and chaevy is trying to break that brand image? I dunno, classier seems better if you ask me, the gold looks good with most of the colour options on chevy vehicles, plus they're not all gold, on the epica and optra they're silver i believe...anyway...just mho
agree with you, i think its that it gives care a classier look and works better with mutiple paint schemes then blue. i personally dont care too much, dare you to even find a bowtie on my car besides on the steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
the bowtie is an american icon...everyone knows what it is. if you lined up a bunch of import emblems beside the chevy bowtie I bet 99.999% of the people would recognize the bowtie first...the gold makes it flashier and catchier to the eye...

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Blue bowties may remind YOU of Luminas and such. The blue emblem reminds me of such cars as the '65 Bel Air and '68 Impala my grandparents owned, and, nominally, since only one such bowtie emblem was visible on it, my dad's '59 Impala 2 door hardtop. I thought of the blue bowtie as one of the good design details on the Lumina or the current Monte Carlo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts