GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
34,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think one of the reason GMT 900's do not outsell F150 is their ride height and tire looks.
They look big and not well made in lower trim levels. Look for yourself

vs

GM should raise its vehicle ride height accross the board.. to make them look better.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
I think he means the Silverado

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
Honestly bro........it's a trick of the eye! The squared off fender openings give the appearance of a lower truck. When the reality is, it's about the same.

Round is generally more attractive, and square is generally regarded as "tough".

·
Premium Member
34,350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Honestly bro........it's a trick of the eye! The squared off fender openings give the appearance of a lower truck. When the reality is, it's about the same.

Round is generally more attractive, and square is generally regarded as "tough".
naaa, chevy's are closer to the ground. especially in their base form. And even if it was just the looks, it would still suck

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I think the Silverado is UGLY. The headlights are too far apart. The Sierra looks much better.

As far as our Avy goes it could use some improvement. Our's has had squeaks and rattles from day one. A couple pieces of trim have been replaced because they didn't fit right. The radio has been replaced twice. The 5.3 is gutless with a trailer and has waaayyyyy too much torque management. The 4L60 has a bad 1/2 shift when cold. The park-aid won't work if you have anything in the receiver, even without a trailer.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
To be quite honest, I don't see much of a height difference...:confused:
Thank you! Listing ground clearances won't settle this matter either. Ford has ground clearance anywhere from 8.1-8.7", Chevy lists their clearance anywhere from 7.7-9.5". But the real problem is I don't think everyone measure from the sames spot. Tundra was mentioned as having awesome ground clearance; however they don't measure from the bottom of the axle like Ford does.

I think the Silverado is UGLY. The headlights are too far apart. The Sierra looks much better.
It's funny how that works. I personally can't stand the GMC front end. I agree the Silvy looks funny in pictures (because of those wide headlights)...........but in person: My favorite truck is the Silverado. The exaggerated wideness looks sick, in a good way! lol

·
Registered
20 Posts
I think the Silverado is UGLY.
I agree. The exaggerated design of the fenders, the stupid looking crease in the rear tailgate, the oversized tail lights that wrap too far around the sides & the cheap plasti-chrome looking grille just make the Silverado look really LAME. I hate the entire design, front to back, and think once the new Ram comes out the Silverado will be the fugliest full-size truck on the market (yes, I think the Tundra looks better). But that's just my opinion.

·
Registered
6,957 Posts
The bottoms of the 900 doors curve inward. That is probably what does it.

·
Registered
903 Posts
I work at Lowe's, and one our rental trucks is a 900 Chevy. It is so freaking high, it is a pain in the butt to lug myself up into it. Running boards should be standard.

·
Registered
4,660 Posts
I work at Lowe's, and one our rental trucks is a 900 Chevy. It is so freaking high, it is a pain in the butt to lug myself up into it. Running boards should be standard.
How tall are you? Have you driven a Ford F-150?

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
They need to get rid of the seats & fabric and replace them with the 800's. The SUV dash should be available in all trim levels, and they should get them on the lots. I don't like the door opener handle either. This truck is bigger than the 800's but feels smaller inside!

·
Registered
903 Posts
How tall are you? Have you driven a Ford F-150?
I am only 5'6", but I have seen others that are taller always have to pull themselves in by the steering wheel. I enjoy just going staright into my Malibu.

No, I haven't driven a F-150. We have a Suburban and a Tahoe, and an Explorer in the family, and those are all very easy to get into.

·
Registered
11,898 Posts
Gotta love the GM trend of huge empty wheel wells

·
Registered
157 Posts
I think the GMC looks to much like a Ford from the front.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I agree. The exaggerated design of the fenders, the stupid looking crease in the rear tailgate, the oversized tail lights that wrap too far around the sides & the cheap plasti-chrome looking grille just make the Silverado look really LAME. I hate the entire design, front to back, and think once the new Ram comes out the Silverado will be the fugliest full-size truck on the market (yes, I think the Tundra looks better). But that's just my opinion.
What are you smoking? The turdra is a hideous POS....just like all toyotas. :barf:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts