GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone else having any problems with there rear captains chairs armrest coming loose. I made a 1000 mile trip in my new Z71 Suburban about a week ago and the armrest kept coming loose. I stopped in a auto zone and bought a ratchet and socket to tighten it back up and it seemed to hold for a short period but it is loose again. I have 1200 miles on it and have tightened it twice now and its loose again. I know its under waranty but I hate to hassel with taking it in for something so minor that I can tighten myself, but it keeps coming loose again and when its loose it spins all the way around and does not lock down or up. Anyone else deeling with this on a GMT 900 SUV with rear buckets? Any idea what to do to fix it?

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
No, that's REALLY weird. Never heard anything "common" on it with either the GMT-900's or even the GMT-800's.

That's a common seat setup, and the armrests get used and abused frequently without issue, so there must just be something peculiar and defective with the mounts on yours--so, despite the nuisance, definitely a dealer warranty issue. They might not have ever seen one (or maybe they have), but that's the main line of repair, for a new vehicle.

·
Banned
8,969 Posts
I agree with Caddy. I would also either PM Shadams or GMCSonoma and see what they know about it. You might even ask one of them to put this in the Tech forum for better response.

·
Registered
881 Posts
I haven't seen or heard of any problems like that. I just did a quick search in the service info and didn't come up with anything relating to the rear armrest either. Best to just take it in to the dealership.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Ya, I guess I will have to take it in. I am afraid there just going to tighten it up again and send me on my way. I just have a feeling its going to be one of those multi trip to the dealer kinda things, before it gets resolved. I might try some locktite first. I had 3 different GMT 800s over the past several years and no problems other than a seatbelt that kept binding up so hapens it was the same seat in the Yukon , lol but the 800's armrest folded back into the seat (No chance of getting snapped back when the kids crawl through the isle) were they are less prone to abuse than the new 900's where there just bolted onto the side of the seats. I like the larger ones on the 900 they are more comforatable, but I am not liking the fact I have one already giving problems and I have not even got the papers to tag it yet.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes yes yes -- this is a problem with mine too!!!! I tighten it down and it comes loose again. The net looks ok, full of grease.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I finally took it in and the dealer fixed it first time around. Not 100% on what they did, but its fixed now.

·
Premium Member
3,378 Posts
Just put some loc tite on it and be done with it. We have had quite a few of those in here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts