GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear GM,

I just came off your updated website, and I have to say I am disappointed with the specifications pdf file. There are at least 3 key features missing from that pdf: dimensions of your vehicles, power output of your vehicles, and engine size and selection.

That being said potential buyers that are browsing your site will mostly dismiss your vehicles because they don't even know what options you are giving them. I won't pretend to understand why you felt the move was necessary, but making a pdf file for the entire line up instead of adding the new Malibu page, and adding the ZR1's information to the corvette standard and option page seems to me to be a waste of finance's in a time you can sorely afford waste. If you're looking to cut costs fire the IT person that made that call. You will not be freeing up enough bandwidth for you to get a cheaper T!/T5 line whichever you use.

Thank you for your time and I hope to purchase a new Camaro from you in about 4 years God willing you last that long.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
I really miss the old BuyPower site. Search dealers inventory, get a window sticker for any vehicle on the lot. We bought our Blazer with this after spending a month wasting time with our local dealer and their locator. They would find something we wanted and then not get it for some reason. That was a useful website and buying tool.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Edmund's.com is the only way I have right now to know the wheelbase of the new Malibu. It's trivial information to most, but not the people who are comparing the 'Bu to a Camry to decide if they want to buy it. And if the information simply isn't available then they will buy the vehicle they could find the information on EVERY time.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
I really miss the old BuyPower site. Search dealers inventory, get a window sticker for any vehicle on the lot. We bought our Blazer with this after spending a month wasting time with our local dealer and their locator. They would find something we wanted and then not get it for some reason. That was a useful website and buying tool.
It actually still exists, and in the old original form, just with either Supplier or Employee pricing also shown. The original "regular" version without special pricing was taken away, but these are the exact same sites...thank GOD. Otherwise, you're screwed with the main brand sites trying to do any such thing now with the new systems that are awful to use and, if you can get through them, give no results or wrong results.

Supplier:
http://www.gmbuypower.com/index.jsp?&partnerId=510023&userType=GMSUPPLR

Employee:
http://www.gmbuypower.com/index.jsp?&partnerId=900003&userType=GMFF

^^Use these. They're the final resort in being able to search inventory on your own, for a GM vehicle, and you can modify the URL's in different ways to extend the search radius, number of dealers, number of cars shown, model year, etc.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
I wish they would listen.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts