GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Link: http://www.autonews.com/article/20081029/ANA02/810299979/1078/rss01&rssfeed=rss01

PHOTO AT LINK

Gary Anglebrandt - Automotive News - October 29, 2008 - 1:54 pm ET

SEOUL -- General Motors' new global small sedan, which will be sold as the Chevrolet Cruze in the United States, went on sale here today.

In Korea, the car is called the Daewoo Lacetti. Its 1.6-liter engine produces 114 hp and is available with a five-speed manual or six-speed automatic transmission.

The Cruze was expected to replace the Chevrolet Cobalt in 2010 in North America. But sources at GM say it could be delayed until 2011 to help the company conserve cash. The car was scheduled to go on sale in March in Europe to replace the Daewoo Lacetti and Nubira.

GM has scheduled Cruze production in St. Petersburg, Russia; Lordstown, Ohio; and Gunsan, South Korea.

Full article and photo at link.

·
Registered
2,164 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Did you see it was going to be delayed till 2011. LOL goodbye GM
2011 is right around the automotive corner. 2010 Camaros go on sale March of '09.

A 2011 Cruze could hit the road as early as 1/12/2011. Not likely, but possible. Alll in all, not that far off. Cobalt sells well. It would take 8 months on the market for a new nameplate to match Cobalts sales, typically.

The G6 is far better than the Grand Am but never out sold it... I don't think it even matches it. New Malibu comes out and long-in-the-tooth Impala's sales take off. Sales success is hard to predict.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Where is the Cruze being built?

·
Registered
4,939 Posts
looks great.. and fantastic interior too.. cant even compare it to the Cobalt..
bring it here faster.

and an SS version
excellent point, I love this car! It has everything a cobalt doesn't and more. I can't wait to see what the SS version is going to be like. If gm uses the same setup in the Cruze as they did with the Cobalt SS and with this interior, I know what car i am saving up for.

And for the " it looks like a Accord" comments, I agree but i find the new accord to actually be a pretty good looking car. If the cruze has half the success the accord has had, then happier days await GM.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts