·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wuling Hong Guang MINI EV is bringing in entry-level buyers

By Gary Gastelu
FOXBusiness

GM unveils first electric Hummer that can go from 0 to 60 mph in 3 seconds
General Motors unveils its first election Hummer. FOX Business' Jeff Flock with more.

General Motors' tiny new electric car is putting up big numbers in China.

The Wuling Hong Guang Mini EV, a product of a joint venture with its local market partner SAIC, was the country’s most popular EV during the last quarter, ringing up 55,781 sales compared to the second place Tesla Model 3’s 35,283.

Full article: https://www.foxbusiness.com/lifestyle/gm-electric-car-tesla-china.amp

·
Registered
12,659 Posts
What a huge nothing burger of a story !!!

This is like claiming a Camaro outsells a Lambo :lmao:

Yes they're both 2 door performance cars but one is 4 times the price :fall:

Reactions: Mr.Buttons

·
Registered
971 Posts
Suzuki has a better design than this : https://www.marutisuzuki.com/wagonr . They can store a couple of suitcases at back also after passenger room.

Wagon R a real good design to go electric but this is very urban design and not suited for north America. Toyota tried Scion in this direction.

·
Registered
16,607 Posts
$16k-$17k for golf carts?!?!?.....
Yes, that's with minimal options. Crazy. Everyone drives around in them down there, there are about 80,000 registered golf carts in The Villages. When I go to visit the in-laws we rent a golf cart, the dealership sells and rents - so I get to see the window sticker on all the one's they are selling. Always amazes me that you can buy a base Spark for less. I've never been in a Spark, but I have no doubts it is a million times more sophisticated than a $17k golf cart.

·
Registered
9,278 Posts
Suzuki has a better design than this : https://www.marutisuzuki.com/wagonr . They can store a couple of suitcases at back also after passenger room.

Wagon R a real good design to go electric but this is very urban design and not suited for north America. Toyota tried Scion in this direction.
IMHO a golf cart is nicer then THAT version of the wagon R

GM Holden used to sell A version of the WAGON R I believe

·
Premium Member
32,715 Posts
Yes, that's with minimal options. Crazy. Everyone drives around in them down there, there are about 80,000 registered golf carts in The Villages. When I go to visit the in-laws we rent a golf cart, the dealership sells and rents - so I get to see the window sticker on all the one's they are selling. Always amazes me that you can buy a base Spark for less. I've never been in a Spark, but I have no doubts it is a million times more sophisticated than a $17k golf cart.
The Spark is a real car you could take on the freeway, and way more torque and HP than you need, easily cruise at 80 MPH.. I think it packs around 300 torques, but do not quote me on that google it...

·
Registered
16,607 Posts
The Spark is a real car you could take on the freeway, and way more torque and HP than you need, easily cruise at 80 MPH.. I think it packs around 300 torques, but do not quote me on that google it...
Golf carts in The Villages is restricted to 21 mph, though most have it tweaked a bit. Nothing worse than having a rental with the 21 mph max and have some 90 year old pass you in his "fast" golf cart!

·
Registered
2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD
11,440 Posts
Golf carts in The Villages is restricted to 21 mph, though most have it tweaked a bit. Nothing worse than having a rental with the 21 mph max and have some 90 year old pass you in his "fast" golf cart!
YeeHaw, We be rippin' right along!!!

·
Registered
2,479 Posts
I think that 300 torques would equate to about 950nm ;).

I'm thinking there is some kind of financial loop hole and convenience "thing" that has residents at these ummm.."places to go and retire" that make $16k-$17k for a fancified golf cart seem reasonable?...I guess?...

Well consider me learned.....:eek::fall:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts