GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GMI Spies: Best Z06 Spy Shot Yet!

The below picture is the first front three quarters picture of the upcoming 2006 Z06 Corvette. Note the cooling duct in front of the right front tire. It was proven today that the Z06 will be powered by a 7.0L LS7 with 500 plus horsepower (guess we already have to update the future product guide!).

This picture is used with permission from Brenda Priddy& Company. Feel free to link to this thread, but please do not hot link the picture as it violates copyright law.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Awesome! I especially like the wheel choice!

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
How I envy the guy driving... :p

·
Registered
43 Posts
WOW!!!!!! Awesome what a great picture of the viper or the rustang svt eater, the Chevrolet '06 C6 Corvette Z06 and your absolutely right RCtennis3811 I also like the rims or wheel choice too

Redvette

·
Registered
8,989 Posts
Though we knew about this for some time, it's nice to see the process of bringing the ZO6 to market making solid progress... Just when you thought nothing could be better than a C6, GM supersizes it! How great is that?!

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
I'm not sure I constitute the other thread as "proof" of a 500hp Z06. That said, I would be pretty surprised if we didn't see this 7.0L block show up in a production Corvette. Anyhow, the spy pic doesn't really show much beyond some very meaty tires, and a larger front grill opening. Aside from that, the visual differences between the Z06 and regular C6 will probably be minor, much like with the C5.

Now, will this new Z06 be able to rival the Viper and GT? That remains to be seen, but I'm enjoying this latest round of horsepower wars from the domestic boys. I will be interested to see how this car compares with a ZR-1, which many still consider to be the ultimate Corvette (myself included).

1 - 20 of 223 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.