GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 270 Posts

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
GMI Obtains Regal Details: Colors, 0-60 & More
2011 Buick Regal is getting closer to dealerships.
www.gminsidenews.com
December 5, 2009
By: Nick Saporito

Thursday General Motors officially revealed the 2011 Buick Regal sedan to the U.S. at the Los Angeles Auto Show. The car is essentially a rebadged Opel Insignia from the European market and has very little in the way of changes from the original canvas; a welcomed omission considering GM's previous attempts at importing Euro models to North America. Today GMI has obtained all of the sales detail regarding the new Buick, including: exterior and interior colors, standard equipment, optional equipment, 0-60 times and more. Thanks to our sources for relaying the information!

First up is the engine information. Most of this information is not new to us, however this is the first mention (to our knowledge) of 0-60 times for the Regal.

Standard Equipment - CXL

The Regal is going to have two trim levels for the 2011 model-year; CXL and CXL Turbo. It's important to note that the CXL Turbo is not going to be available at launch. The Turbo model will arrive in Fall 2010.

• 12-Way power driver's seat (including 4-way lumbar)
  • Four-way manual passenger's seat (including 2-way power height)
  • 18" aluminum wheels
  • 2.4L SIDI
  • Six airbags
  • 7-speaker sound system
  • XM Radio
  • OnStar
  • Auto-Dimming rearview mirror
  • Bluetooth
  • Compass
  • Dual exhaust
  • Dual-zone automatic climate control
  • Electronic parking brake
  • Fog lamps
  • Halogen headlamps
  • Heated exterior mirrors
  • Leather seating
  • Heated front seats
  • Express up/down front windows
  • Express down rear windows
  • StabiliTrak with Traction Control
  • Steering wheel audio controls
  • Tilt and telescopic steering wheel
  • Two-way adjustable front/rear headrests
  • USB port

Optional Equipment - CXL

• Comfort and Convenience Package
  • 120-volt rear power outlet (part of package)
  • 12-way power passengers seat (part of package)
  • Rear parking assist (part of package)
  • Harmon Kardon audio system (320 watt)
  • Voice-activated navigation system with 40 GB hard drive
  • Power sunroof
  • Rear-seat mounted thorax airbags

Standard Equipment - CXL Turbo

• 2.0L Turbo
  • Large-diameter dual exhaust
  • Rear-park assist
  • 120-volt rear power outlet
  • 12-way power passengers seat

Optional Equipment - CXL Turbo

• Interactive Drive Control System
  • 19" high-polished alloy wheels
  • HID headlamps
  • Harmon Kardon audio system
  • Voice-activated navigation system with 40 GB hard drive
  • Power sunroof
  • Rear-seat mounted thorax airbags

Exterior Colors

• Summit White
  • Quicksilver Metallic
  • Granite Gray Metallic
  • Carbon Black Metallic
  • Majestic Blue Metallic
  • Stone Metallic

Interior Colors

• Ebony Leather
  • Cashmere Leather

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
Very nice. Any word on if we'll get the 6-speed manual?

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Very nice. Any word on if we'll get the 6-speed manual?
It isn't a done deal yet, but we anticipate the 2.0T having an optional 6-speed manual.

Also, Buick management eluded that if the 2.0T model is successful, an OPC-based Regal will be just around the corner. :D

·
Registered
35 Posts
Did they not give you any specs on the CXS? I wonder if that will include numbers like 2.8 and words like Haldex?

:D

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I am a little disappointed with the 30 mpg for the 2.4. The Bu pulls 33 mpg an competitors from Ford and Hyundia get 34 and 35 mpg. I think the lack of good fuel economy will hinder sales. I will admit, I maybe in the market for a second hand 2.0T in about 3 years; that engine is ludicrous on the highway.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
Looking at those specs. I think I would skip 2.4L and wait until 2.0L is released. Other than getting the lower trim level and 2.4L because its cheaper what motivation would you have? There certainly isn't any fuel economy advantage. I think the base engine should be the 2.0L turbo and the GS either 2.8L turbo or 3.6L. Also from the description of the exterior colors I think they suck, totally boring, but there on par with what the rest of the industry is using. Overall pretty decent.

What can we expect pricing to be?

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Looking at those specs. I think I would skip 2.4L and wait until 2.0L is released. Other than getting the lower trim level and 2.4L because its cheaper what motivation would you have? There certainly isn't any fuel economy advantage. I think the base engine should be the 2.0L turbo and the GS either 2.8L turbo or 3.6L. Also from the description of the exterior colors I think they suck, totally boring, but there on par with what the rest of the industry is using. Overall pretty decent.

What can we expect pricing to be?
I anticipate pricing to undercut the Acura TSX, that seems to be Buick's target with this car.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'll take the CXL turbo with HID's please. and if my assumption is correct I'll take the Majestic Blue Metallic, which should be a dark blue? :bounce:

I anticipate pricing to undercut the Acura TSX, that seems to be Buick's target with this car.
It should start less than the LaCross correct? I anticipate the CXL turbo will probably be about the same price if not slightly more than the LaCross.

Also, any word on remote start?

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Loaded up TSX is damn near 38 Big ones.

·
Registered
5,362 Posts
Throw in universal garage door remote and I'm sold. Turbo only
Wonder if signal repeaters will make it? They were dropped from Malibu for 2009.

·
Registered
319 Posts

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I hope so because I just checked the price of the TSX and it checks in from 29 - 37k, seems like a lot of money for a car in this segment, but then again the Regal has a lot of nice equipment standard. also the 37k on the TSX is with the v6 and technology package. I would say that GM almost has to offer a Regal GS to be competitive with the TSX since they offer a 3.5L V6.

Why is the fuel economy so poor for the regal? Weight?

·
Registered
7,874 Posts
Buick's should not have halogen headlights. You don't see Lexus or Acura offering halogen lights with HID upgrades.

And once again, GM can't launch a car with all trim levels from the start.

1 - 20 of 270 Posts