GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
tookie said:
what?!? thats a production car??

i don't recall seeing one of those ever on the road, does look good though!
Yup, that's the production version. You've never seen one on the road because A.)it was just released at this year's Paris Auto Show and B.)it's not YET available in the US.

·
Registered
410 Posts
i think it's time to import Wagon R+ RR and those small cars even tho making large engine displacement is necessary (who wants a 0.6L turbo with 64hp anyway? 100hp would be more competitive)

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·

One thing I just noticed is how Suzuki is designing their new vehicles to have a thin and wide honeycomb/mesh grill with the new "S" log streching from top to bottom.

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
1st step, treat the past customers better...

If Suzuki would just improve their customer service response (like many manufacturers need to) , then young buyers in particular might buy more than one. Their motorcycle line also has a significant problem with this and offers the worst warranties in the business to boot. They need to study Hyundia IMHO.

·
Registered
49 Posts
ChevyLaxMan said:
Phil and A type sounds like a troll. First post, both drive aerios? kinda fishy
Please that's Mr. Troll to you. Anytime you want to take that supercharged Ecotec against my Swift Gt turbo I'm ready. Drag strip or road course doesn't matter to me. Then we can settle the "Troll of the Year" title.

Since the moderator of this board frequents the Suzuki Aerio forum I decided to take a look and as usual somebody who doesn't own a "GM" superior engineeried beast machine is persecuted.

Anyway I was taking a look at one of those spy pictures (SUV under wraps in the desert) and (hope I'm right) say that it looks like Death Valley, CA. Either Stovepipe wells parking lot or Furnace creek. Or then again it could be near Las Vegas. Always see alot of covered cars cruising the highway into Vegas especially at night.

Philip

·
Banned
11,892 Posts
Quote : "IN 2005, AMERICAN SUZUKI WILL BE LAUNCHING A NEW SMALL SUV"

Does this mean Suzuki is getting a version of the Daewoo SUV ?!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I used a turbo header from Jardamuth from www.teamswift.net. He's made or supplied several turbo Swifts on the board. I'm currently running a TDO4-11G on my Swift which is alittle to big, plan to downsize next year to a more streetable kit. Intercooler is custom from Bell Intercoolers. I'm running 450cc injectors tuned by a SMT6 unit. I justed installed a PLX wideband O2 unit this weekend. Best dang tuning aid in the world!!! It's great to see actual a/f when your tuning.

I have some pictures floating around somewhere is you want to see my toy. :)

Oh yea Jard made me a sweet downpipe and also makes a very nice lower a-arm brace.

Philip

·
Registered
109 Posts
Suzuki Phil said:
Please that's Mr. Troll to you. Anytime you want to take that supercharged Ecotec against my Swift Gt turbo I'm ready. Drag strip or road course doesn't matter to me. Then we can settle the "Troll of the Year" title.

Since the moderator of this board frequents the Suzuki Aerio forum I decided to take a look and as usual somebody who doesn't own a "GM" superior engineeried beast machine is persecuted.

Anyway I was taking a look at one of those spy pictures (SUV under wraps in the desert) and (hope I'm right) say that it looks like Death Valley, CA. Either Stovepipe wells parking lot or Furnace creek. Or then again it could be near Las Vegas. Always see alot of covered cars cruising the highway into Vegas especially at night.

Philip
He would be a fool if he did. These little gems or mini cars can handle up to 700-HP on a 13B modified motor (See the PR Drag car).

I wanted Suzuki to return in owning the sub-compact with a turbo S that would weigh-in less than 2K lbs.

However, it seems that Suzuki missed the mark in bringing back a heavier and less powerful Swift. Noticed that I didn't see any GT models this time around.

Sadly disappointed.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Suzuki Phil said:
I used a turbo header from Jardamuth from www.teamswift.net. He's made or supplied several turbo Swifts on the board. I'm currently running a TDO4-11G on my Swift which is alittle to big, plan to downsize next year to a more streetable kit. Intercooler is custom from Bell Intercoolers. I'm running 450cc injectors tuned by a SMT6 unit. I justed installed a PLX wideband O2 unit this weekend. Best dang tuning aid in the world!!! It's great to see actual a/f when your tuning.

I have some pictures floating around somewhere is you want to see my toy. :)

Oh yea Jard made me a sweet downpipe and also makes a very nice lower a-arm brace.

Philip
What did he charged for the pieces?

I have a T-03 Mitsu sitting on the garage shelf. Waiting on the next california visual smog to complete next month before the next attempt at force induction.

·
Registered
109 Posts
RCtennis3811 said:
Is Mitsubishi really bringing over the MR here!?! I didn't know they had a partnership...weird.
Correct but partnered with DCx again due to the partnership of the next Lancer platform.

The next EVO IX will be here for the 06 and then it will be replaced with an all new Evo X that will be share the under pinnings with the next SRT-4 for 07. The turbo world engine, 2.4 ltr will replace the last motor and be engineered by SRT Engineering and the 2.0 version by the Mitsu Performance Division.

The engine has been dynoed at 300/300 at the wheel in June.

·
Registered
12 Posts
A-type said:
Yeah I read it in Import Tuner or Super street , though I can remember which one but it was the current issue, lemme dig through the pile here and I'll scan it for ya.
OOps I was worng, It's Nissan bringing it over, it will be called the Moco. Man how sad. I hope I don't see a SABB Wagon RR anytime soon :p

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Wow, I didn't know that! Just realized how similar they look...

·
Premium Member
9,366 Posts
Hey Everyone,
I like the Verona. I like the engine too, I just wish it had more horses. Do you guys think the next Verona will use the same engine? I wonder what the next one is going tol look like. Does anyone think it will have any facelifts before it's completley re-vamped? I think the Aerio would be an excellent entry level pontiac! Heck, it could be the G4! It even looks like a Pontiac..you could even through some G6 type headlights on it.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I'm betting the next-generation Verona will use a Suzuki engine co-developed with GM rather than a Daewoo one. The Daewoo Magnus was just a stopgag until the real Verona arrives.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts