GM Inside News Forum banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
The New Sonata headlights look very similar to the Holden Commodore headlights.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Does Hyundai have some kind of a partnership with any domestic brands? (GM & Subaru, DCX & Mitsu, Ford & Mazda, just for examples) As far as I know, they don't. I'm asking, because I was wondering if this Sonata could end up as a rebadge (same chassis, same glass, different fascias) in a few yrs.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Originally posted by nsap+Jun 29 2004, 04:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (nsap @ Jun 29 2004, 04:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-gerardo_zg@Jun 29 2004, 11:13 AM
They have associated with DCX
I thought DCX dumped Hyundai like they did Mitsubishi.. [/b][/quote]
It seems to be that not entirely... here in Mexico 3 Hyundais are being sold with a "by Dodge" badge, in Chrysler's showrooms.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Both the Ford and Holden sedans are rumored to be coming to the US.

The Falcons are running around now without camo.

·
Registered
5,714 Posts
DaimlerChrysler still holds significant shares of BOTH Hyundai and Mitsubishi. They haven't "dumped" either.

While Ford's sedans MIGHT (I doubt it) be coming to the US, Holden models almost certainly are not. By the time they could get any models certified for the US, they'll have Zeta-based models being built in North America. There's an outside chance, however, that one of the Utes might make it from Australia.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Originally posted by R.E Sanchez+Jun 24 2004, 05:44 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (R.E Sanchez @ Jun 24 2004, 05:44 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-megadethmartyr@Jun 24 2004, 05:23 PM
This is the 2005 Hyundai Sonata. The release date is projected between dec04and feb05. The front of the car looks like and AUdi A8. THe back looks like a Lexus GS. This car is being built on a new platform. It is a total redesign. It is in fact much larger than the current version. Bigger than an ALtima, Accord, Malibu, Camry. COnsider it confirmed. :D
I have no reason not to believe this person, he works for Hyundai. [/b][/quote]
No, he does not. I tried to expose him on the Car Spy shot website, the only place he posts with that login name almost exclusively, but my messages got deleted promptly.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Originally posted by Gearbox@Jun 30 2004, 03:19 PM
Both the Ford and Holden sedans are rumored to be coming to the US.

The Falcons are running around now without camo.
these RWD sedans should have been in North America long time ago to compete with MB and BMW... especially the Ford Falcon... it can replace the Taurus! (why bother develop the Ford Futura then...)

·
Registered
71 Posts
i live right around the corner from nissans design studio in sacramento. for some reason Hyundai has been doing testing on like, 8 of the new cars Suvs and vans in the lineup. ive gotten pics of all of em. my crazy wife drove right up and started snapping pics. Today i saw one of the sonatas at a gas station almost devoid of the camo garb. nice car.

the new santa fe

the accent

the sonata

lots more to come, those are from my camera phone. the ones on the digital camera have to be downloaded still.

**edit** when i asked the guy at the station what kind of car it was (i knew it was a hyundai)

he said "a honda killer" :p

81 - 97 of 97 Posts