GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yet agian, GMInsidenews was given Exclusive access to these pictures by our very own member: vansmack. THis is an unknown car. Vansmack will likely be able to tell you more about it.

CONFIRMED: NEXT GENERATION HYUNDAI SONATA

56K WARNING

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
my guess is that this is a small car, looking at the wheels it looks like 4 bolt pattern. the shot of the instrument panel seems to have some quality to it, looks like a nice chrome ring around one of the gauges, (possible speedo?) looks like a leather wraped steering wheel also. some good shots.

ya the oval in the front grille say F... but the head lights look like curent gen impala, due to the camo. anyone know a cop that would be able to run the plate in michigan? find out what it really is?

the last pic on the bottom looks like the car has duel exhaust or is that just me?

·
Registered
244 Posts
The headlights look Impala-ish, but it does look like there is a blue oval inthe grill.

The rear left window has an "N"...the Malibu had an "L"; could be from the same test group.

It's got dual exhaust....must be a big 6 or maybe even an eight under the hood.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
The front-end looks like Ford Falcon

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Only other thing I can think of that is GM-ish and has a oval as a badge is Subie. When I first saw the headlights, thats what I thought, but that small thin chrome badge has me scratching my head. My bet is on a Subie. That hood camo is very odd. Its covering up some sort of scoop or scoops.
What is odd is that it looks as if the front bumper support is uncoverd like there is no bumper at all on the car?

·
Registered
558 Posts
Either the car has a 220 mph + speedo, or the speedo is in kph, its hard to read what it says. If it is in kph it would support the ford falcon theory...

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
would Subaru be testing in Michigan? they don't build 'em here, why would they test them in Michigan?

·
Registered
11 Posts
That is the 2005 Hyundai Sonata, supposedly going to be revealed in the next two weeks, and on sale in the US in December

·
Registered
224 Posts
Originally posted by GotAWD@Jun 23 2004, 10:18 PM
anyone know a cop that would be able to run the plate in michigan? find out what it really is?

a cop anywhere could pull this up but it is a manufacturer plate that does not have to be assigned to a vehicle
I think it looks like a ford too

·
Registered
871 Posts
the speedometer is definitely in kph, i just inverted the pic and made it a little shaper. you can see the speedometer goes up to 220ish.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts
I'm a little excited if it is a Falcon. Is it RWD though? If so, it fits what I'm interested in. Gonna have to look into it. Good job on getting the pics.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts