GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a pic of the new Sierra Denali Crew Cab...

Please Give GMI credit fdor this pic

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by Josh O@Jan 30 2004, 10:21 PM
It's very vague. that said, whatever happened to not posting embargoed photo's and information?
not to burst your bubble and all, but I got it of the live cams on the Chicago Auto Show site, so CALM DOWN ;)

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by 99Hugger@Jan 31 2004, 05:51 AM
Im not sure if im looking at the same pic as you guys see.All I see is a pic of the current Sierra grill.
ahh I dunno. That metal grill isnt chrome like it is now, its more of a brushed aluminum.

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
Originally posted by controlspecimen@Jan 31 2004, 06:10 AM
Looks like a Canyon to me.
ohhh look again! The top headlight is much bigger where on the canyon is smaller amber turn signal.

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
I'd like to see a new interior instead. ;)

GMC/Chevy interior:

Ford interior:

Don't tell me the Ford plastic is "cheap", I've felt it firsthand and that's just Chevy die-hard sour grapes talking. The 1990's rubbermaid and mouse fur Chevy/GMC interior has to go.

·
Registered
952 Posts
What exactly do you mean by that? Is it the next generation one based off the new platform or is it just another freshening of the current one before the all new pickup arrives? If it is all new, I'll be quite dissapointed.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by GMFAN85@Jan 31 2004, 07:41 AM
What exactly do you mean by that? Is it the next generation one based off the new platform or is it just another freshening of the current one before the all new pickup arrives? If it is all new, I'll be quite dissapointed.
It is the new Denali, NOT JUST A SIERRA...

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Looks like Just a regular Sierra, just with some slight minor grille mods...I hope Gm didn't mess up on this one..

·
Registered
164 Posts
GM seems to be lagging a little BIT in the FULLSIZE truck market, I mean the trucks are fantastic, even horsepower is class leading. But I must admit Ford and Nissan interiors are much finer and better.

These are the models I hope they give a new Interior:
Chevy Silverado
GMC Sierra
Chevy Avalanche

CARS that really need new interior :( GM is working on it I think
Buick Park Avenue
Buick LeSabre
Chevrolet Malibu
Pontiac Sunfire
Chevrolet Impala
Saturn ION

Ford's new car interiors are SPECTACULAR, the FiveHundred has comfy leather and Freestyle is nice too, Buick needs to pick up the market with new stylish cars!!!!

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by babershah@Jan 31 2004, 10:50 AM
GM seems to be lagging a little BIT in the FULLSIZE truck market, I mean the trucks are fantastic, even horsepower is class leading. But I must admit Ford and Nissan interiors are much finer and better.

These are the models I hope they give a new Interior:
Chevy Silverado
GMC Sierra
Chevy Avalanche

CARS that really need new interior :( GM is working on it I think
Buick Park Avenue
Buick LeSabre
Chevrolet Malibu
Pontiac Sunfire
Chevrolet Impala
Saturn ION

Ford's new car interiors are SPECTACULAR, the FiveHundred has comfy leather and Freestyle is nice too, Buick needs to pick up the market with new stylish cars!!!!
Excellent Post, and I agree whole-heartdly(sp?)

Gm is working on the trucks (2006 refreshening). And let me tell you, Nissan's interiors IMO, are pretty bad, their designs are better than GM's, but the materials are worse...Ive sat in a titan and you are showered with cheap cheap materials which is even worse when you sit in a QX.

As for the Sedans:
LeSabre/Park Ave: Yes all new models will replace them with Lutz-i-fied interiors

Malibu: Don't count on it, Lutz doesn't seam to mind the Malibu interior since he used it as the base for the G6 and didn't seem to have a problem.

Sunfire: Possibly, the whole situation with the Sunfire is really confusing.

Impala: Probably a re freshening in '06 with minor adjustments till the new one in '07 or '08

ION: Probably sometime in '06 (at least interior re-do)

As for ford: Their interiors may be great, but the exteriors are boaring, the 500 Looks like a Passat with a mesh grille and the Freestyle is so boaring that I have forgotten what it looks like already...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Yawn, the Sierra needs more than a new front end to compete with the Ford(ugghh I hate to say that word) and the new Nissan Titan.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Originally posted by Tek@Jan 31 2004, 06:21 PM
Yawn, the Sierra needs more than a new front end to compete with the Ford(ugghh I hate to say that word) and the new Nissan Titan.
I think the 2006 model will be new, I hope so. GM is going back to freshening up its car lineup and doing great with it but SUV and Trucks still are a BIG PART of the market.

NEW GM CARS- IT'S IMPRESSIVE- FOLLOWED BY MAIN COMPETITOR

New Ultra-Lux Cadilllac- ($80,000-300,000)- Rolls Royce Phantom, Maybach 62 CONFIRMED CAR!!!
Cadillac STS- MB E-Class, BMW 5 Series, Lexus LS 430
Chevrolet Cobalt- Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla
Buick Lacrosse- ??? Don't know Honda Accord, Ford Five Hundred, Toyota Avalon
Pontiac G6- Nissan Altima
Pontiac Solstice- Mazda Miata
New Corvette- Ford GT
Chevy Malibu Maxx- lost cost wagons
Chevy Aveo- Kia Rio, Toyota Echo

GREAT NEW CAR LINEUP

OTHER NEW PRODUCTS
GMC Canyon- Ford Ranger, Toyota Tacoma, Dodge Dakota
Chevy Colorado- Nissan Frontier, etc.
Buick Terazza- Chrysler Town & Country
Chevy Equinox- Honda CRV
Saturn Relay- Honda Odyssey
Saab 9-2X- Volvo V70
Saab 9-7X- Volvo XC90
Hummer H2SUT- NONE?

IMPRESSED, no wonder they make $192,000,000,000!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts