GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
GMInsidenews.com Exclusive: Saturn SKY Redline & Vortec 6000 Gen IV information!

March 22nd, 2005

www.GMInsidenews.com

Source: Undisclosed

Saturn SKY Redline:

6 months after the production of the Saturn SKY, GM will introduce a Saturn SKY Redline, which will be powered by a turbocharged 253HP 2.0L Ecotec engine. Can you say Miata eater?

Full-Size Trucks:

With the rollout of the next generation full-size trucks, GM will be revamping its Vortec 6000 engine. The new 6.0L will produce 400HP and 400lb/ft of torque (strangely similar to the LS2, no?). The 6.0L will be in the next generation of Cadillac Escalade, EXT, ESV, GMC Yukon Denali, Denali XL, GMC Sierra Denali and Chevrolet Silverado SS Supercharged.

...Oops I think I just spilled some info there by accident. More coming soon! Stay connected to GMInsidenews, your #1 source for all news related to the world's #1 manufacturer: GM!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Re: GMI Exclusive: Saturn SKY Redline and Vortec 6000 Gen II

Isn't the LS2 based off of an existing truck block?

The Sky Redline wouldn't really be a Miata eater, not at the likely price range. It may be a Boxter contender, though.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts

400 Horses!!!!!!!! Boy that SS is going to be one heck of a truck! When is the new Silverado going to come out? Did I hear someone say SUPERCHARGED SS???.....TaHoE:) Too bad the Ram SRT-10 has 500 horses, but maybe the next Silverado will be qiucker.

·
Registered
310 Posts

I want a Sky sooooo bad......I don't think I can wait 6 months more for the Red Line, but it might be worth it. Go Saturn!!! Woo Hoo!

·
Registered
6,295 Posts

Cassie said:
I want a Sky sooooo bad......I don't think I can wait 6 months more for the Red Line, but it might be worth it. Go Saturn!!! Woo Hoo!
Yeah, and no dealer mark up! Beauty of the Saturn pricing schematic

·
Registered
203 Posts

Kar Krazie said:
400 Horses!!!!!!!! Boy that SS is going to be one heck of a truck! When is the new Silverado going to come out? Did I hear someone say SUPERCHARGED SS???.....TaHoE:) Too bad the Ram SRT-10 has 500 horses, but maybe the next Silverado will be qiucker.
That 400 HP would probably be before the blower since he quoted it there in other NA applications. I'd guess 520HP blown.

And the new trucks come out next fall (Sept 06) with the SUV's introduced next Jan.

·
Premium Member
5,146 Posts

TaHoE said:
Chevrolet Silverado SS Supercharged.
Ok. Now all of you can stop bashing Ford for using superchargers. ;)
TaHoE said:
GM will introduce a Saturn SKY Redline, which will be powered by a turbocharged 253HP 2.0L Ecotec engine.
I really hope this motor makes it's way into a GXP Solstice.

For both cases, good to know more power is on the way!

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

...Yup you heard me say it. The Silverado SS "Supercharged" will have an estimated 450HP, those are initial estimations by an insider, so the numbers may change, but you never know, it could be more...hint, hint.

·
Registered
8,869 Posts

What pleasantly surprising news on both fronts.

Incidentally, I predict the Sky, whether in regular or Redline guise, will meet its sales targets without significant rebates. How refreshing.

·
Registered
1,036 Posts

YES! GREAT NEWS FROM GM!
400 horses in the truck, man, the current ones have what 295???
And the redline sky! this all sounds too good to be true

·
Premium Member
2,461 Posts

TaHoE said:

Saturn SKY Redline:

6 months after the production of the Saturn SKY, GM will introduce a Saturn SKY Redline, which will be powered by a turbocharged 253HP 2.0L Ecotec engine. Can you say Miata eater?
Sounds like an HSV way of doing things, take a stock car, tune it up real nice, then sell it for 30-50% of the price of an equivalent performance Euro sports car. (i.e. bmw, porsche, MB)

If the power levels are right, i would love to see some 0-60 and 1/4 mile estimates, nothing like great performance at low cost to get the masses interested, Subaru and Mitsubishi can prove that with the WRX's and Evo's.

James

·
Registered
210 Posts

91 s-10baja said:
Yeah, and no dealer mark up! Beauty of the Saturn pricing schematic
I'll be curious to see if this holds. They could always add $5000 custom pinstriping. Can't wait to hear the pricing on this one. 6 extra months to save up and convince the wife.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts