1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,292 Posts
GMI Exclusive: Preliminary Buick Verano Details Leaked
Survey to gauge possible order mix reveals new details
GM Inside News
December 2, 2010

Preliminary equipment and pricing details about the forthcoming Buick "Verano" is revealed through a survey sent out to Buick dealerships. The survey intends to ascertain ordering demand for the four configurations of the small car.

Only one engine appears to be in the works, and it's the familiar 2.4L Ecotec motor currently powering other, larger Buick, GMC, and Chevrolet products. Nothing else revealed in the survey is especially surprising, but it does give us a glimpse at the possible positioning of the vehicle in the market.

Is there enough of a demand for a compact Buick priced and equipped similarly to the market leading midsize sedans to make this a successful product? For Buick's sake, let us hope there is.

December 2, 2010

Subject: All-New 2012 Buick Compact Car - Order Study

Greetings Buick Dealers,

We would like to invite you to participate in an online order study of a potential new addition to the Buick portfolio.

Please note that this potential new entry would be a compact car available in four models. As a result, it is important for us to gauge how you would order this vehicle and in what quantities. In addition, each model builds off of the previous model. Proposed models are as follows:

1.) 1SB Cloth Base
• 2.4L 4-cylinder engine
• 180 hp @ 6700 rpm
• 172 lb-ft of torque @ 4900 rpm
• 6-Speed automatic transmission
Estimated MSRP range: $20,900 - $21,500 *

2.) 1SD Cloth Mid-Level
Adds to 1SB
• Remote Start
• Auto Dual HVAC
• Connected Color Radio with Bluetooth Connectivity
Estimated MSRP range: $22,100 - $22,700*

3.) 1SG Cloth Mid-Level
Adds to 1SB & 1SD
• 6-way power driver
• Heated ORVMs
• Rear Park Assist
• EC ISRVM
Estimated MSRP range: $23,300 - 23,900*

4.) 1SL Leather Up-Level
Adds to 1SB, 1SD & 1SG
• Heated Seats/Steering Wheel
• Passive Entry & Push Button Start
• Bose Premium Audio
• 18” Wheels
Estimated MSRP range: $25,600 – 26,200*

*Note: Total vehicle pricing will NOT be shown in the order study

239 Posts
Re: Survey sent to Buick dealers outlines equipment/pricing of compact car

A heated steering wheel? Very nice - and with the 2.4 it should have a solid performance. Seems like a very promising program.

·
Registered
6,015 Posts

I know many of you will disagree with me, but I think if this is supposed to be a PREMIUM compact from Buick it should start out with the 1SG at the very least! I saw no mention of HID's like in the picture, are they going to be standard?, doubtful. Other than sheet metal and interior styling preferences, I can't see why anyone would want this over a similarly equiped Cruze other than it being a little quicker. We'll see...

·
Registered
115 Posts

I think if it is a good looking car it will sell well enough. Look in 1999 the sticker price of a 2000 Grand AM Gt I bought with 175 hp was $21,000. SO if it looks good and drives right it will sell

·
Registered
1,284 Posts

Sooo...why buy a Cruze?

Also, I thought the 2.4L doesn't fit in the Delta II's?

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts

Verrrry cool but I was expecting the 1.6t.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts

I know many of you will disagree with me, but I think if this is supposed to be a PREMIUM compact from Buick it should start out with the 1SG at the very least! I saw no mention of HID's like in the picture, are they going to be standard?, doubtful. Other than sheet metal and interior styling preferences, I can't see why anyone would want this over a similarly equiped Cruze other than it being a little quicker. We'll see...

Agree 100%

·
Registered
6,218 Posts

1SD should be the lowest trim.

Anyone know if bluetooth is standard on the lowest trim? It certainly should be.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts

I hate HIDs. If your on the recieving end you are blinded. If your in a car with them..everyone flashes you--thinking your high beams are on.

I was shocked at mention of the 2.4L---I knew it would fit but thought GM did not want to use that in this platform.

It would provide acceptable performance. (alot more then the 1.4L T)

·
Registered
4,819 Posts

If you want leather seats you better bring a lot of extra cash. Overall it doesn't look line an impressive amount of equipment to push the price from $21 to $26K... and what they'll want another $ 800+ for a sunroof?

·
Registered
2,358 Posts

Notice 1SB doesn't mention a steering wheel, brakes, or power windows, either. But I'm sure it'll have all of those.

Also, not even the $33k Audi A4 has HIDs. Do you honestly expect a car costing $10k less to start to have them standard? Really? How many other $20k cars come with HIDs standard?

The Verano is going to be a nicer car overall. Some people will pay more money for a nicer car. Simple as that.

manual option please...
+1

I am very, very happy that the Verano is getting the 2.4L as standard equipment. It should turn out to be very peppy and economical at the same time. But 3 pedals would be nice.

But all of this makes me wonder if the 2.4L Regal is long for this world.

·
Registered
7,874 Posts

Yikes...They still don't get it.

·
Registered
138 Posts

Why does it say "potential new addition to the Buick portfolio"? This vehicle has already been announced, it's coming, it's up on their website.

Aside from that, I really like this car and hope it's very successful for Buick. I do wish they consider selling other variants of the car (as well as the Cruze) here in NA, such as the 5-door hatch and 3-door. Have you seen the Opel GTC concept that would be the 3-door Buick? It's KILLER! I would dump my Cobalt SS in a heartbeat for it or the Cruze hatch that was shown in Paris. It's a shame that GM here in NA says they are going after younger buyers, such as myself (33), yet they won't offer the products younger buyers are looking for here.

In the current GM line up, there are no models in my price range and taste that I would consider buying to replace my Cobalt. No compact coupe or hatch. I do not want an Aveo or Spark and cannot afford to move up to the Camaro (although I'm dying for one). Hopefully GM will reconsider the move to not offer stylish coupes, hatches and wagons in NA, otherwise they will be alienating the very customers they claim to be trying to win over.

·
Registered
4,823 Posts
Re: Survey sent to Buick dealers outlines equipment/pricing of Verano compact car

I'm very interested to learn more about the connected color radio.

What I think this means is that you can have a NAV screen without NAV and synch your own GPS to it. Similar to what the Regal does now.

·
Super Moderator
4,265 Posts
Re: Survey sent to Buick dealers outlines equipment/pricing of Verano compact car

Too bad there's no LNF step-up motor.

·
Registered
5,554 Posts

If they are using the 2.4 they should also add e-assist. That would make this car awsome and fuel efficient.
So 2.4 SIDI is standard for Verano and Regal and LaCrosse? So what is the point of Regal in this line up?

Hopefully the pricing is the same for Canada not marked up 15-20%. I like the prospects of Verano, but the name (again and again) SUCKS!

1 - 20 of 238 Posts