GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys i was out at CTc this morning and i happened to catch the new dually out in the open. Unfortuantley the side on shot did not turn out well and i will be making a second attempt at it later today until then enjoy

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: GMI exclusive first head on shot of new dodge 3500 dually

is it that black thing?

yes it's the black camoed truck in the middle of the shot

·
Registered
1,119 Posts

Wow, Chrysler is in serious trouble if they think they are going to sell that!

:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I thought the black thing in the middle of the picture is a fence.
it is but i thought he meant the tester because it's in the middle of the shot as well

·
Registered
1,787 Posts

stupid fence.

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

stupid fence.
You said it the fence did stink and the lightpost that was in front of the tester did not help matters at all. Anyway here are the two pictures i took on my second attempt sorry for the shaky quality but it's hard to shoot and drive at the same time

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Re: GMI exclusive First shots of Dodge 3500 Dually model (now with new pics)

Why don't you just stop the car?
For three reasons

1. Chrysler drive has no shoulder at all which means If I do stop the car I hold up traffic

2. Even If theres no Traffic and it's clear I can only keep it stopped for a short period of time in the event some speeder comes blasting through or if security happens to show up

3. the truck was parked in the one spot on the lot where i couldn't get any good angles at all if it were parked a little more to the right I would have been able to stop further down the road and get a good shot. If the truck was to the left more i could've pulled in the parking lot that was off camera and gotten some good steady shots. Anyway i will be going through there tomorrow in my truck and if the dually is still there I hope the higher ground clearance will give me a little more visibility to work with. And for the record I do stop my car but only if it is safe ( I want to live another day and keep shooting pictures for GMI BP etc) and if the tester I'm shooting is at a good angle (which was not the case with this one since i tried three different angles) As usual if the pictures come out good this time around I'll post them here:D

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Not much help, but thanks for trying. What happens if they catch you taking pictures?
So far my luck has held out and i have not had to deal with Mopar security as of yet but if they catch me They'll probably tell me to leave and i might be minus a camera or worse. I have fun shooting pictures and It's also exciting to see future product. As such I follow the BP approach and stay on public roads only (that way security will leave me alone and I can shoot another day

I'll keep trying to get better pictures of the dually (I'm a very persistent individual) and for the record this Dually has been one of the most difficult testers I have shot so far but even though the image quality could be better these are the first ever shots of a Next Gen Dodge 3500 Dually

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)

GM has black Suburbans. Chrysler has black Chargers. :D
LOL actually most of CTC's security guards drive gray jeep grand Cherokees with a small light bar on the top and if i see one of those driving around I usually leave and stay out for about five to 10 minutes. GM security over at Milford is probably the hardest to predict and identify. They drive cars that are basically unmarked and if they catch you on one of their "photog' patrols they will pull up behind you and stay on you until you leave

·
Registered
1,469 Posts

Seeing that the current Cummins is certified for 2010 emissions, and this truck is probably going to be a 2010 model released in 2009, could Dodge be working on an even further emissions certified Cummins, say for example untill 2012-2013?

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I went to CTC again today (the place is traffic free on the weekends) and managed to get a better side profile shot. And yes I know the fence obscures things but there was a boy scout event going on at the museum and security was out and about so i was unable to sneak up to the fence and get the camera lens through the holes on it

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
So basically it's like a Ram 1500 Crew Cab Long Bed but with wider rear fenders and 8-lug dually wheels on 1-ton axles?

·
Premium Member
4,637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
So basically it's like a Ram 1500 Crew Cab Long Bed but with wider rear fenders and 8-lug dually wheels on 1-ton axles?
and a more upright grille. Other than that you can say it's like a 1500 considering most of the interior components the HD trucks use is lifted from it. In general Chrysler has accelerated testing of it's HD trucks recently. The same day i shot the first photos of the dually model i saw a 2500 tester that was being unhitched from it's test trailer. Judging from the Chrysler Aspen in the trailer it seems that the next gen 2500 could have a slightly higher towing capacity than the current gen model

1 - 20 of 22 Posts