1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
G6

--Cool Options--

Power Ajustable Pedals
High Proformance, High-Mounted Monsoon Sound System. Including: Tweeters and Subwoofer ( :woot2: )
Proformance Suspension
Touring Suspension
Speed-Senitive steering
Enhanced Traction Control System
Remote Start
3.29 Proformance Ratio Axle

--Models--

Base
GT

I still am working out some bugs on the rest of the G6 info..

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by nsap@Nov 29 2003, 08:06 PM
G6
I still am working out some bugs on the rest of the G6 info..
Thanks nsap, love these updates!

Of course you know what we're really waiting for:

Supercharged engine? Horses?

All-wheel-drive?

Right now it is just looking like a dolled up Malibu ("well that's what it IS", someone says) with a "3.29 Proformance Ratio Axle"..... :(

·
Registered
475 Posts

it's pathetic how they can get away with calling 3.29 a 'performance' axle ratio
Unfortunately, gas mileage is the key here.

I doubt they could get away with putting something like a 4.10 in there and still get acceptable fuel economy.

·
Registered
750 Posts
NSAP,

I just think it's awesome that it will share the SAAB platform.
I'm sure the horses will be more than adequate - and if they manage to squeeze 30+ mpg out of it, all the better for everyone!

Is there any pics better than the spyshots anywhere yet???

Thanks again NSAP and keep 'em coming!!

Killer

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Originally posted by killerrd2@Nov 30 2003, 03:35 PM
NSAP,

I just think it's awesome that it will share the SAAB platform.
I'm sure the horses will be more than adequate - and if they manage to squeeze 30+ mpg out of it, all the better for everyone!

Is there any pics better than the spyshots anywhere yet???

Thanks again NSAP and keep 'em coming!!

Killer
I have yet to see any pre-production pics of the G6, but I will pass any info along to everyone as soon as I get it... :D

·
Registered
50 Posts
We were told back in April that what was out there, with respect to the G6 concept car pictures, would be pretty close to what the actual car would be. That same orientation was stated in the media later on.

A "dolled up Malibu" is not a completely bad thing! I did the dealer training event on those cars last week and they are so much improved over the current models that it is not funny. The 3.5L Vortec V-6 (upgraded 3.1/3.4L Chevy 60 degree V-6 engine family) has enough guts to lay rubber with four normal adults in the car. EPA mileage for the V-6 will be something like 23/33 with normal gearing.

A 3.29 might not sound like a "deep" axle ratio, but with the small tires it can be. That same rear axle ratio with something like P225/75R-15 tires would be a different story.

The platform is shared with the Saab 9-3 and also has Opel roots too--"Epsilon Architecture". Malibu will be the day-to-day car while G6 will be the performance type car. Should be interesting!

Enjoy!
NTX5467

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by [Corporal Dan]@Nov 30 2003, 01:19 AM
it's pathetic how they can get away with calling 3.29 a 'performance' axle ratio
For a V6 vehicle it is. Especially since it has been GM's best selling vehicle over the past however many years that people buy for a little fuel economy and a little more pep than a 4 cylinder.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I see a G6 convertable, tonneau cover over the back seats, AWD

and bad boy tunes on my satellite radio by the 3rd year of production.

Thank you Mr. Lutz!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Originally posted by [Corporal Dan]@Nov 30 2003, 06:19 AM
depends on gear ratios and engine redline RPM. :p

Certainly, its lower(or rather, higher numerically) then the standard final drive ratio.

·
Registered
5,632 Posts
I predicted a while back that the next gen Grand Am would get the 3.5 from the malibu and the same chassis. I also predicted it would use better gears like the 3.29 ratio in the current GT. And I also new GM would not install a higher performing engine like the 3.6 DOHC or 3.9 vvt. GM is always woried about stealing thunder away from caddy or the vette. What did surprise me was the name change; G6! This silly alphabet soup game is not the answer! If GM would build better cars they wouldn't need to change names all the time.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Originally posted by nsap@Nov 30 2003, 01:06 AM
--Models--

Base
GT
You forgot about the G6 GXP

But the best bit of G6 info is yet to come :)

GM isn't concerned about HP wars with the 'vette and other models after Lutz came to town.

and whats wrong with the 3.9?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Originally posted by Erunion@Dec 4 2003, 07:27 AM
G6 will have a 240hp 3.9 OHV V6.

If it will offer either the 3.5 or 2.2 also, I do not know.
Ecotec 2.4 right :huh:

·
Registered
475 Posts
i dont think that the 3.29 axle is the problem its how they tune it
jus look at the c230 amg it only has a 3.06 ratio and it is fast
I'm not sure how much "axle tuning" will help. :lol:

Maybe changing the lash, make it more solid. :)

1 - 20 of 75 Posts