GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know, my parents are friends with the owners of a chain of GM dealers in my area, and I was talking to one of them and told him how us at GMI love to get inside info, so he came through and is going to keep me updated on the latest all the time!!! :D

Terraza

--Powertrain--

3.5L V6 200HP 220 lb. feet of torque

--Wheels--

17' aluminum 10-spoke

--Cool Options--

Remote Vehicle Start
Power Slidding Rear Doors
Power Windows on Slidding Doors
VersaTrak
Trailering package

--Colors--

Cashmere
Ming Blue
Emerald Jewel
Slatestone
Olmpic White
Cardinal Red
Platnum
Dark Bronzemist

--Interior--

Medium Gray
Cashmere

--Dimensions--

Wheelbase- 121.10
Overall Length- 205.0
Body Width- 75.20
Hiegth- 72.10
Head Room/ 1st row- 39.80
Head Room/2nd row-38.90
Head Room/3rd row-38.20
Leg Room/1st row-39.90
Leg Room/2nd row-38.90
Leg Room/3rd row-36.40
Fuel Capacity- 25 gallons
Weight- 4470 4646

--Models--

FWD, AWD, CX, CXL

Stay tuned to GMI for the lastest new on future models...

·
Premium Member
14,963 Posts
gunna need more power then that... we are still getting our buts stomped by Nissan and Honda.... and even if the Nissan looks like afterbirth.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
The Terraza needs the 3.9 at least :huh:

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Kool, keep that info coming man! :D

I thought they were all (sport vans) getting the 3.9...... :rolleyes:

Maybe we'll get a supercharged version just to be able to have SOMETHING in the lineup to one-up the Honda, etc.....
Knowing Buick and the Rendezvous, an "Ultra" model with the new 3.6L DOHC engine might make sense, with a 3.5 as the base. Yeah, I'll bet on that. But the Ultra will get launced like a year or so later to re-advertise the vans, and the Auto Critics will say "This is the sport van Buick should have launched the first time around" :)

Something cool:

A 3.5L engine and Versatrak.......Pontiac G6 anyone? Nah, that would be hoping for too much...

Ming Blue
They've got my color! :woot2:

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by Ming@Nov 23 2003, 09:22 PM
Kool, keep that info coming man! :D

I thought they were all (sport vans) getting the 3.9...... :rolleyes:

Maybe we'll get a supercharged version just to be able to have SOMETHING in the lineup to one-up the Honda, etc.....
Knowing Buick and the Rendezvous, an "Ultra" model with the new 3.6L DOHC engine might make sense, with a 3.5 as the base. Yeah, I'll bet on that. But the Ultra will get launced like a year or so later to re-advertise the vans, and the Auto Critics will say "This is the sport van Buick should have launched the first time around" :)

Something cool:

A 3.5L engine and Versatrak.......Pontiac G6 anyone? Nah, that would be hoping for too much...

Ming Blue
They've got my color! :woot2:
No need to worry about no more info. just give me time and I will have A LOT more! :eatarrow:

I knew you would like that color name :lol:

·
Premium Member
3,704 Posts
Ming gets his Ming Blue.

When does Ghrankenstein get his Ghrankenstein Orange???

:frankie:

·
Premium Member
12,307 Posts
Originally posted by Ghrankenstein@Nov 24 2003, 04:46 AM
Ming gets his Ming Blue.

When does Ghrankenstein get his Ghrankenstein Orange???

:frankie:
I think the Aveo will be available in Ghrankenstein Orange for my06.

·
Premium Member
10,279 Posts
Originally posted by sykboy@Nov 24 2003, 11:10 AM
What are you guys talking about? Ming blue who? :huh: :woot2: ;)
His name is Ming, and a color choice for the Terraza is Ming Blue. This van looks promising, but more power is definitely needed. GM Vans took 2% of market interest last year at Edmunds.com (That is including the Astro, and Safari). 1% for Midvans and 1% for minivans...kinda pathetic.... <_<

·
Registered
954 Posts
Ummm I think the 3.5L is the base engine, just like how it says 6L LS2 for the Corvette. No one complained about lack of power with the Vette because we know it's getting the LS7 also, so before you guys complain about lack of power remeber the 3.5L is base.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Originally posted by TaHoE+Nov 24 2003, 05:53 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (TaHoE @ Nov 24 2003, 05:53 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-sykboy@Nov 24 2003, 11:10 AM
What are you guys talking about?  Ming blue who? :huh:  :woot2:  ;)
His name is Ming, and a color choice for the Terraza is Ming Blue. This van looks promising, but more power is definitely needed. GM Vans took 2% of market interest last year at Edmunds.com (That is including the Astro, and Safari). 1% for Midvans and 1% for minivans...kinda pathetic.... <_< [/b][/quote]
Here, let me connect the dots for you.

Ming blew who. :rolleyes: Get much? :lol: (J/K Minger, don't want to go stick my hand in a stump or have bore worms or anything!)

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I have heard it is going to be a Olds. Shillute (sp?) with the Rendzous rear-end and Rainier front.. <_<

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
Originally posted by nsap@Nov 25 2003, 08:17 PM
I have heard it is going to be a Olds. Shillute (sp?) with the Rendzous rear-end and Rainier front.. <_<
Nothing puts the "Sport" in Sport Van like a nose job!

And the extra sporty "oomph" of the same engine as the Malibu sedan for a vehicle that probably weighs 1000 more pounds!

Rockin! :bounce:

·
Registered
4 Posts
You can see a picture of it and the Saturn Relay in this months AMI Auto World magazine. They are small pictures but GM released them and said the Chevy and Pontiac versions won't be seen until the January auto show in Detroit.

The grille on the Buick is not much different from what you see on the Rendez. The rest of it looked prettymuch as they do now IMO.

No interior picutres though. :(

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
I thought about this again and I'm being too harsh.

If GM intends to add a supercharged version of the 3.5 on the up-level models, then this could work.

And it's much better than if they had stuck with the 3.4, like in the Equinox.

Separated at birth (grill):

·
Registered
13 Posts

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.