--Models--

CX
CXL
CXS

----Cool Options--

Driver info. Center
Chrome Grille surround with graphite colored inserts
Gold Package
Silver Package9-speakers Monsoon radio and 2 subs!
Remotte vehicle start

--Engine--

3.8L V6 200 HP 230 lb. feet of torque

--Color--

Sterling Silver
Cashmere
Superior Blue
White
Black
Cardinal Red
Glacier Blue
Steelmist

--Dimensions--

Wheelbase- 110.5
Length- 198.30

Stay tuned to GMI for the latest future news....

·
Premium Member
14,692 Posts
--Engine--

3.8L V6 200 HP 230 lb. feet of torque
Color me confused...... :blink:

I thought the Venerable (friggin OLD) 3.8 was going away in favor of something new.

But then I thought the 3.4 was, and it's going in the Equinox.... :pain:

Silver Package9-speakers Monsoon radio and 2 subs!
Tasty..... :chef: !!!

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by chadbarb99@Nov 24 2003, 02:40 AM
When is that engine ever going to die (3800)?? It doesn't produce enough power and when will the 3.6 liter be offered??
Thats what I thought when I saw they were still going to use the 3800 <_<

·
Registered
685 Posts
Especially since the 3500 is supposed to be nearly as powerful as the 3800 and it weighs less and may see VVT and more new tech.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
Hopefully the 3800 Series III will be standard and the 3.6 DOHC V6 will be the optional highline engine for the CXL and standard on the CXS or Ultra models. What I really want to see are some real official factory photos of this car.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Originally posted by chadbarb99@Nov 24 2003, 03:40 AM
When is that engine ever going to die (3800)?? It doesn't produce enough power and when will the 3.6 liter be offered??
Produce enough power for what? Most of the people I see driving Buicks are "blue hairs" and soccer moms. If you think that a 250HP gee wiz engine is going to attract rice-a-roni super street racers to Buick... whatever. Buicks attract people who are looking for big cars with a cushy ride(me included). In fact I wish they were bigger and softer sprung. But of course that would prevent me from charging up those mountain twisties or laying down some rubber at the local drag strip. 200HP is fine for gettin' groceries and merging into highway traffic. If you need performance, buy a new and upcoming Caddy, Pontiac, or Corvette.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Let's face it, GM is using the 3800 in an all new vehicle primarily for 2 reasons:

1. It's got some messed up contract with the UAW to build ye olde 3800 engines in some outdated factory for the next century.

2. It's trying to be cheap.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I for one am glad that GM is keeping the 3800 around. Lets face it, the 3800 is a bullet prof engine. It gets great fuel economy, its reliable, and makes good power. If anything I think GM should invest in updating the 3800 with VVT and DOD.

·
Registered
954 Posts
Originally posted by crippler22@Nov 24 2003, 10:06 PM
I for one am glad that GM is keeping the 3800 around. Lets face it, the 3800 is a bullet prof engine. It gets great fuel economy, its reliable, and makes good power. If anything I think GM should invest in updating the 3800 with VVT and DOD.
Here Here!!!

The 3800 is a kick-*** engine. I don't see why a brand new 3.6L with more stuff to go wrong should be offered than the 3800 which has had many years of reliability and more than enough time for GM to make it the great engine it is.

If anything a Buick needs to be reliable, which is why the 3800 is the perfect engine. Besides how many Buick owners have even heard of VVT anyways?

133 Posts
I have one knock on the Lacrosse. And it is the front end. From pictures that I have seen, it looks like some Chinese guy with huge buck teeth.

I would like to see them 'class' up the front end abit. Maybe more traditional classy lines. I can't describe it, but I would know it if I saw it.

I just don't want the front end of the LaCrosse, being like the rear of the Aztec.

adios

133 Posts
Yea, overall I like the concept of the LaCrosse, it's just the front end I have a beef with. See comments above.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Any indication if HUD will be offered?

I've given up on GM offering xenon/HID headlights on anything other than Cadillacs, but at they need not be stingy with head-up display.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I think it will. I think all of Buick should get it. As for HUDs, I know the 'Vette got it, Pontiac's get it (my 1994 has it), and a couple Caddy's get it. I'd like to see it across the board, but I'm pretty sure that only the high-end Chevy's would get it.

·
Banned
7,944 Posts
You should be able to get HUD, since it's offered already on the Park Avenue, LeSabre and Rendezovous in the Buick line up, and on the Grand Prix, Bonneville and Aztek in the Pontiac line. HID lights were 1st available on the previous generation GMC Envoy. Cadillac did not offer them until a few years ago, as an option on the Seville STS and the CTS. The next Corvette should have them available too, as they are standard on the XLR.

There were rummors of a LaCrosse coupe, anyone hear anything? I would love to see Buick have at least one coupe in their line up. Buick has been missing a mid size coupe since 1996 when the Regal became a sedan only, and a large coupe since the Riviera departed in 1999. Buick needs at least one or even better, two coupes in their line up.

CX, CXS, CXL, but where is the GS? I hope that that there is a chance for a LaCrosse GS in there somewhere.

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by MCGARRETT@Nov 25 2003, 03:30 PM
You should be able to get HUD, since it's offered already on the Park Avenue, LeSabre and Rendezovous in the Buick line up, and on the Grand Prix, Bonneville and Aztek in the Pontiac line. HID lights were 1st available on the previous generation GMC Envoy. Cadillac did not offer them until a few years ago, as an option on the Seville STS and the CTS. The next Corvette should have them available too, as they are standard on the XLR.

There were rummors of a LaCrosse coupe, anyone hear anything? I would love to see Buick have at least one coupe in their line up. Buick has been missing a mid size coupe since 1996 when the Regal became a sedan only, and a large coupe since the Riviera departed in 1999. Buick needs at least one or even better, two coupes in their line up.

CX, CXS, CXL, but where is the GS? I hope that that there is a chance for a LaCrosse GS in there somewhere.
I don't like the style name 'GS'. It sounds very old-peoplish... ;)

·
Registered
48 Posts
I wanted to see what the real car is going to look like, so I went to Google images. There, I saw only photos of the beautiful concept car that buick keeps showing.

And it hit me: Mercedes has shamelessly ripped off the everything but the rear fender line (and the trick fold-up roof), and will be selling it for 70 large in its new E-class coupe/sedan as of next year.

Once again, GM has a hot idea, and someone else winds up beating them to market with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
SWEET, THEY ARE KEEPING THE 3800 ENGINE. I HAVE A SERIS(SP?) 1 3800 AND SHE STILL RUNS LIKE A BEAUTY. I ALSO HAVE MILLION OF OTHER CARS. CADDYS, CHEVYS, PORSES. IM STINKIN RICH. I HAVE MILLION OF CAR IN A UNDERGROUND GARAGE IN THE WOODS AND THATS WERE I KEEP ALL MY CARS. I'M SERIOUS.

:bounce:

;)

PS IM A :ph34r: JK

·
Editor
26,951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Originally posted by nuggie@Nov 25 2003, 09:06 PM
SWEET, THEY ARE KEEPING THE 3800 ENGINE. I HAVE A SERIS(SP?) 1 3800 AND SHE STILL RUNS LIKE A BEAUTY. I ALSO HAVE MILLION OF OTHER CARS. CADDYS, CHEVYS, PORSES. IM STINKIN RICH. I HAVE MILLION OF CAR IN A UNDERGROUND GARAGE IN THE WOODS AND THATS WERE I KEEP ALL MY CARS. I'M SERIOUS.

:bounce:

;)

PS IM A :ph34r: JK
:blink: oooooooooook :blink:

1 - 20 of 72 Posts