GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey everyone,

As mentioned in the GMI Company thread, I put together a Wiki page that I thought would come in useful. I dont know if there are any established team(s) or what...but figured putting this Wiki up would help keep things organized.

Who ever is running the show here, get ahold of me by private message and I can give you the password to the Wiki so you can make changes aswell. I dont know if anyone is familier with how these things work, but they are pretty need and allow differany helpful plug ins and such..slide shows...videos..spreadsheets..and multiple pages.

Once a team or teams have been established, the Wiki should help with keeping things current and organized, will be able to set the mission of the GMI brand, and summarize the make and models along with their competion, post up WIP chops, sketches, whatever.

Heres the page so far..ive just been working on it to make it a bit more functional, a few of the pages are still using the default template*.
http://gmidesign.pbwiki.com/

Hoey

* I have just changed that, Ive put together a basic template for each page, but much more categories need to be placed once proposed.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Great job so far! I'm impressed! It sounds very official. I'd very much like to help assemble the Wiki, though I don't know much about hyperlinks, etc. I like to design things, mayh it be cars or Wikis'. I may not be in charge, but I'd sure enjoy helping out designing and assembling the Wiki!

·
Registered
5,947 Posts
says I have to login?

I'd also suggest, if it hasn't already, put up a page on wikipedia.com.

Have you gotten the GMI staff involved in this too or is this your own thing?

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
what excactly are you creating hoey? i don't know too much about wikis..but i think PrinceCharmless, Camaro Chris, you, and myself are running this thing.

·
Registered
4,879 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
camaro_freak said:
says I have to login?

I'd also suggest, if it hasn't already, put up a page on wikipedia.com.

Have you gotten the GMI staff involved in this too or is this your own thing?
So far I have just been going at it on my own. I figured once a group was put together and people started deciding their places in the whole project then we would see the involvment that GMI staff member(s) would want to have, or if any were wanting to be apart of it.

camaro_freak said:
what excactly are you creating hoey? i don't know too much about wikis..but i think PrinceCharmless, Camaro Chris, you, and myself are running this thing.
The Wiki is somewhere between brainstorming/organization/presentation..In short, it is there for the group to establish the intent of the project, it's direction, and the specifics. If someones working on something and wants the rest of the groups opinion, they can throw it up on the Wiki...it will allow members to change things along the way, keep things organized, and be a resource and reference for the project. It's really easy to use, you can add all the content you want, and it just makes things easier than sifting thru multiple threads. Ive got the threads from here linked on the Wiki, and just briefly shaped the layouts an sections...just for the sake of it..everything and anything can be changed to make more sense or provide more information.

So yeah, just check it out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts