GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
5,936 Posts
cool... uh, huh, huh, huh.... (a GMC station wagon)...cool...huh, uh, huh...

:p :mf_boff:

5,936 Posts
... if it has the same interior appointments as the latest gen of the Envoy, it'll be a success. Hopefully it'll snag some of the soccer moms presently driving Subaru's.

Women lately have been buying "bigger" rigs because of the safety "feel" factor. Which screams ruggedness, robustness and safety more? GMC or Subaru?

;)

5,936 Posts
I think at some point GM will exercise their right and purchase the rest of Subaru, which is part of Fuji Heavy Industries, which is what GM owns 20% of at this point. Subaru is just a part of Fuji Heavy Industries.

I heard GM is making a play for Subaru, in part because of their All Wheel Drive technology.

GM is really making in-roads and starting to do things "right" with selection of interior and exterior materials. It will take about 10 years for most consumers to remove the bad taste of the GM from the 80's, you know, big clunky cars with small engines. Strong, kick-a$$ products will change consumers perceptions. In one poll on CNNMoney.com, most people ranked GM ahead of Ford as far as making strong vehicles. Winning little battles matter also.

I saw a show in Speed Channel, I think, about the history of the Chevrolet SS, from Malibu, Chevelle, to Camaro. The guy representing GM had the "new" SS in the background, God I hope they make that.

<_<

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.