GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
first sorry for my english, I'm from quebec in canada, so i'm french.

I have a 1998 gmc sonoma sls 4 cyl automatic 2x4. The rear left wheel seems to have a little slack on it, when I move it horizontaly like this <- ->

And when I begin to go foward, I think something shake at the rear

what can be the problem? :confused:

Thank you

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
Hi,
first sorry for my english, I'm from quebec in canada, so i'm french.

I have a 1998 gmc sonoma sls 4 cyl automatic 2x4. The rear left wheel seems to have a little slack on it, when I move it horizontaly like this <- ->

And when I begin to go foward, I think something shake at the rear

what can be the problem? :confused:

Thank you
Ah, great to see our neighbors up north. I own a '98 Sonoma SLS myself.
Is everything aligned properly?
Is the tire itself secure?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the tire is ok, I disassemble the wheel today to check f the brake was OK, and I saw the wheel had a loose , only if i push or pull the wheel.

That's very strange :(

·
Super Moderator
20,962 Posts
Hmm...perhaps one of our technicians here can give you a little more insight...Shadams or GMCSonoma should know what's up.
That's strange though. Have you taken it to the dealer to have them check it out?
Sorry I can't help much, the only real problem I've had with my Sonoma was an alignment thing, and my dad was able to straighten that out easily.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
It's most likely normal. It's just the axle moving in and out of the diff as the c-clip allows. It's hitting against the spider gear and pinion shaft and there is a bit of movement allowed between them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
finally i'm very not sure that what i ear is normal, first the noise come only from the left wheel, and if i jump on the bed on the left side I can ear the noise but nothing when I jump on the ride side of the bed

:confused:

thank you

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The noise is not really loud inside the cab, it's more a feeling , When I'm almost stopped or when I begin to start , it's like the rear wheel move foward or backward.

Could it be the bushing of the shock blade?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts