GM Inside News Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
22,126 Posts
Higher ATPs!!!!! This is awesome!
Biden likes this - it forces people out of their ICE vehicles.... oh, oops.
How does rising EV prices force people out of their ICE vehicles?
What did I miss?

What I'd like some insight on is where is the limit before most of these vehicles are too costly? Maybe we'll have to import Ladas from now on.... :rolleyes: :D
It's called "demand destruction" it is happening, not sure if it continues, but if it does, before long, we won't have a "car shortage".

What's the monthly cost of a $50,000 SUV with 2% interest and $2.50 gas vs. one with $6.00 gas and 6% interest...
- Housing fell off a cliff, almost overnight.

·
Registered
20,985 Posts
What did I miss?

It's called "demand destruction" it is happening, not sure if it continues, but if it does, before long, we won't have a "car shortage".

What's the monthly cost of a $50,000 SUV with 2% interest and $2.50 gas vs. one with $6.00 gas and 6% interest...
It's called a joke Ed.

·
Registered
2,265 Posts
What did I miss?

Thanks Ed. If what I've read and watched is accurate monthly financing terms have increased quite a bit year over year. Semiconductor issues haven't helped that either.

As Eaton mentioned I can't help but think this becomes unsustainable. Some of the things I'm curious about is what is it going to take for the manufacturers and consumers to realize this.

·
Registered
2014 BMW 320i; 2015 Chevy Spark EV (wife's car)
4,573 Posts
The US market more than made up for the Hummer's more tepid greeting in the Great White North.
I think InCogKneeToe's point is that Hummer H2 and H3 both attained peak sales volume in their second year and then dropped precipitously from there before GM shuttered the brand in 2010. This applies to both the U.S. and Canada markets.

This is a direct result of incompetence on the part of GM's marketing and PR dweebs.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I think InCogKneeToe's point is that Hummer H2 and H3 both attained peak sales volume in their second year and then dropped precipitously from there before GM shuttered the brand in 2010. This applies to both the U.S. and Canada markets.

This is a direct result of incompetence on the part of GM's marketing and PR dweebs.
That's not what it says here^

·
Registered
22,126 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Cadillac XTS Platinum, 1989 Merkur XR4Ti, 1989 Merkur Scorpio
11,761 Posts
As Eaton mentioned I can't help but think this becomes unsustainable. Some of the things I'm curious about is what is it going to take for the manufacturers and consumers to realize this.
Well...
Many consumers can do this once.
This will all get sorted out and they'll find themselves in huge, expensive financial hole.
Manufacturers don't care as long as they make a buck this quarter.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts