GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,264 Posts

·
Registered
6,729 Posts
Since this is a prototype, they most likely just attached what parts were readily available. Doesn't even have the running boards installed.
Probably. And since the first Hummers' parts were all white .... there ya go.

And the SUV's shorter wheelbase means the first Hummers' running boards wouldn't fit.

·
Registered
5,972 Posts
People complain about GM’s slow rollout of Ultium products, but I think GM is being very prudent about how this platform is being methodically developed and brought to the showroom. By next year they’ll have Hummer truck/SUV, Silverado EV, Chevy Blazer EV(?) Cadillac Lyriq with the Celestiq not far behind, and perhaps one or two more offerings. GM will Have a dizzying array of EV’s within 18-24 months, that’s for sure.

GM may not sell a ton of them initially, but combined those numbers will soon mount up, and it’ll snowball from there. GM as we all know, already has the shared platform of all of these products designed and ready to go, and have future proofed them to allow for improvements in batteries etc.

Not to get into a Ford v GM spat as I hope they both do very well, but IMO GM’s strategy seems much more comprehensive and thoroughly thought out. I wonder if we will get some GM CES news before January 5th.

btw. That GMC HUMMER SUV looks pretty impressive. They may not sell a ton of them because of nosebleed pricing, but it’ll at least give it a certain amount of exclusivity and desirability.

·
Registered
7,676 Posts
Such an interesting evolution. From one of the most loved/hated vehicles all time representing opulence, excess, awesomeness, environmental apathy, etc... to one of the first main stream (full size SUV) clean vehicles in history. Single digit miles per gallon to zero emissions.

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
The battery looks too close to the ground to be used off road.

Reactions: V-Car

·
Registered
6,961 Posts
Good point. Maybe it's lowered at rest as well.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
People complain about GM’s slow rollout of Ultium products, …
IMO GM’s strategy seems much more comprehensive and thoroughly thought out.
I absolutely disagree. If anyone with half a brain at GM thought Ultium through, they would have given product to Cadillac FIRST and beat Lucid Air, Mercedes-Benz EQS and even the original Tesla Model S at its own game. Late to the party as always. I’m not even a fan of my boyfriends Tesla but real recognizes real. How the hell did Tesla sell near a million electric cars in 2021? That’s damn impressive as heck for one brand and not four (Cadillac, GMC, Chevy and Buick).

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Nice looking truck. Seriously if this had a small block, I would find one very hard to resist. I like this better than the SUT/truck version.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
I absolutely disagree. If anyone with half a brain at GM thought Ultium through, they would have given product to Cadillac FIRST and beat Lucid Air, Mercedes-Benz EQS and even the original Tesla Model S at its own game. Late to the party as always. I’m not even a fan of my boyfriends Tesla but real recognizes real. How the hell did Tesla sell near a million electric cars in 2021? That’s damn impressive as heck for one brand and not four (Cadillac, GMC, Chevy and Buick).
Because they are a company founded on the concept of developing, manufacturing and selling electric vehicles and they have been at it for almost 15 years.

·
Registered
1,523 Posts
Because they are a company founded on the concept of developing, manufacturing and selling electric vehicles and they have been at it for almost 15 years.
I’ll give you that and I want GM to win but them doing near a million vehicles electric across all brands? Chevy, people care. Cadillac? They’ve let us (the world) down too many times to care now, Buick? One word - China. No one else cares. GMC? Idk. Not throwing shade just calling this Ultium what I see it. I know it’s the future but everyone and newcomers are owning this electric arena. Why is our storied GM late to this party?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts