GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
20,367 Posts
Based solely on the limited amounts we can see, the Hummer seems to be heads and shoulders above the other future choices. Can't wait to see real life comparisons!
I'm sure it seats 4 adults nicely, but I wonder how much cargo room is behind the back seat.

It'll be a while before the world that runs out of fools to buy these and with the staggered decrease in pricing, more will enter the price-point window.

·
Premium Member
33,576 Posts
Based solely on the limited amounts we can see, the Hummer seems to be heads and shoulders above the other future choices. Can't wait to see real life comparisons!
We will hear how Rivian or this or that make is better than GMC for ever, but we all know, GMC HUMMER E SUV is not taking prisoners, neither is GMC HUMMER EV Truck taking captives..

·
Registered
20,367 Posts
We will hear how Rivian or this or that make is better than GMC for ever, but we all know, GMC HUMMER E SUV is not taking prisoners, neither is GMC HUMMER EV Truck taking captives..
I don't think the Rivian hasn't been priced yet, but I believe it will be priced about $40,000 lower; the Hummer should be better.

·
Registered
17,260 Posts
I'm sure it seats 4 adults nicely, but I wonder how much cargo room is behind the back seat.

It'll be a while before the world that runs out of fools to buy these and with the staggered decrease in pricing, more will enter the price-point window.
Let me rephrase my comment, what I'm seeing appears worthy of a $100k+ price tag. To me, this looks just as compelling as anything in that price arena. I'm talking different types of vehicles, such as an S-Class, a 911, a Range Rover or an M8. Interior and exterior are well done, capabilities out the wazoo. I will make the assumption that it all works together well and the driving experience is good - in other words, I believe it to be well done for what it is. They will find customers.

·
Registered
20,367 Posts
From what I'm seeing in the Hummer vs. the Rivian I'm hedging that the Hummer may well be worth most all of the difference in $.
My point here was they really aren't comparable, but "worth it" is hard to define here, because if the $120,000 Hummer is the answer, what exactly is the question?

Let me rephrase my comment, what I'm seeing appears worthy of a $100k+ price tag. To me, this looks just as compelling as anything in that price arena. I'm talking different types of vehicles, such as an S-Class, a 911, a Range Rover or an M8. Interior and exterior are well done, capabilities out the wazoo. I will make the assumption that it all works together well and the driving experience is good - in other words, I believe it to be well done for what it is. They will find customers.
Yes, "They will find customers" the only question I have is: What exactly are they capable of, and what exactly will they be used for?

·
Premium Member
33,576 Posts
Mother Barrah and Reuss know they cannot be playing catch up here. Its do or do

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
From what I'm seeing in the Hummer vs. the Rivian I'm hedging that the Hummer may well be worth most all of the difference in $.
And that really depends on preferences. I believe the Rivian is projected to have longer range and looks like it has a nicer interior, but the Hummer should be faster, etc....but will it be worth $40k more? IDK.

·
Premium Member
33,576 Posts
And that really depends on preferences. I believe the Rivian is projected to have longer range and looks like it has a nicer interior, but the Hummer should be faster, etc....but will it be worth $40k more? IDK.
We don’t know GMC HUMMER EV final range, one thing GM is notorious for is exacting figures. If they tell you the vehicle is moving at 80 MPH, it’s moving at exactly that, so is MPG and range. Rivian is a we will see situation. But they seem to be working hard.

As for interior, I have not sat in any of them to declare a better interior in the Rivian. I don’t know how you came to that conclusion.

·
Registered
2020 Chevrolet Equinox LT AWD
12,008 Posts
We don’t know GMC HUMMER EV final range, one thing GM is notorious for is exacting figures. If they tell you the vehicle is moving at 80 MPH, it’s moving at exactly that, so is MPG and range. Rivian is a we will see situation. But they seem to be working hard.
View attachment 63471

View attachment 63472

As for interior, I have not sat in any of them to declare a better interior in the Rivian. I don’t know how you came to that conclusion.
It just looks better to his subjective opinion I guess. But to me now looking at both here, the Rivian looks like it's intended to be perceived as a luxury product. IMO of course.

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
The thing with Rivian is they're a new company. They are going to have years of growing pains just like Tesla did, but they don't have Elon to help them through their growing pains. I'm skeptical on how they fair in the long term.

The Hummer is nice for what it is. It's a niche vehicle for people with disposable income. Kind of like a Corvette. Even the cheapest one at $80k is not for the masses. For comparison, a fully loaded Yukon Denali is ~$85k.

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
We don’t know GMC HUMMER EV final range, one thing GM is notorious for is exacting figures. If they tell you the vehicle is moving at 80 MPH, it’s moving at exactly that, so is MPG and range. Rivian is a we will see situation.
Rivian has already said they'll have 3 options:105kWh=250 miles, 135kWh=300 miles, 180kWh=400 miles. Its going in to production in June.

View attachment 63471

View attachment 63472
Its subjective, based on design and perceived material quality. But its far more objective than this drivel you spouted:

Blah blah blah blah blah......... :)

Reactions: 1958carnut

·
Registered
3,983 Posts
Well, if it’s design, that is totally within CJH prerogative. He prefers one design to the other. Fair enough
Yes it is. I like the design of the Rivian interior better, it looks more upscale at a lower price than the GMC.

·
Registered
6,569 Posts
The Rivian does look more "classy" while the Hummer looks more techie and futuristic. They're both fine for their intended purpose, IMHO.

I have a co-worker that fully intends to buy a Rivian as soon as he can. He's had a reservation for a while. I'll get a ride when/if he actually takes delivery.

Reactions: Ute

·
Registered
17,260 Posts
My point here was they really aren't comparable, but "worth it" is hard to define here, because if the $120,000 Hummer is the answer, what exactly is the question?

Yes, "They will find customers" the only question I have is: What exactly are they capable of, and what exactly will they be used for?
In my mind, these are image vehicles, just like any other $100k+ vehicle, where very little of its tremendous capabilities will ever be utilized. The one clip showing the Hummer using the crab-walk to get out of a tight spot in a city will be how it is really used vs. any of those off-roading images. And that answers your "what exactly is the question" - "luxury".

1 - 20 of 28 Posts