GM Inside News Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by gregory@Jan 22 2004, 10:57 PM
Anyone having an issue with an 2002 Envoy/Trailblazer not starting? Seems our Envoy doesn't want to start because the battery is drained every few days. WE don't leave anything on, but yet is works the night before and the next morning it will not start. We have to jump start it and then it will run instantly. We have brought it to the dealer both when it was working and when it was dead via a tow truck and they didn't see any drain on the battery. Because the battery was dead they replaced it once, but then we went about 4 weeks with no startup problem and then bam it wouldn't start. Sometimes the battery is totally drained other times everything works (windows, alarm, radio), but there isn't enough power to start the vehicle. It doesn't even attempt to start, you just hear a click and that is it. I printed out some of the TSBs from www.alldata.com and gave them to the dealer, but they insist there isn't anything they can see or that relates to the issue because they cannot reproduce the problem at the dealership. Right, now it has been with the dealer for the past 2 days and so far it has started for them every single day. Does anyone have any ideas?
This sounds very familiar... Do you have power mirrors? See if they move at all when the SUV is off. My neighbor went through weeks of issues with dead batteries because of a grounding problem. The mirrors would move after the truck was off a while. He had a 2002 Trailblazer.

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by gregory@Jan 23 2004, 12:49 AM
We have also been having an issue with the heat coming back on after I turn it off. Do you think there is a wider electrical problem?
Hmm... could be... but I have no experience with that one...

Anybody else have an idea?

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Originally posted by gregory@Jan 31 2004, 04:24 PM
Do you remmeber how your friend or his dealer found the problem with the ground.  We bring it to the dealer and they can't reproduce the problem so they say they cannot do anything.
He actually caught it in action after losing a couple batteries...

He heard a small motor noise while getting into it... and he noticed the mirrors ever-so-slightly moving back and forth, just enough to notice when you look at it... he got them fixed under warranty, and now, to this day, no issues... The dealer found the problem when he described what it was doing...

I'm sorry you still haven't gotten to the bottom of your intermittent start :( Issues like that are very inconvenient.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.