GM Inside News Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
That does sound like a BCM - body control module - to me. After you turn the Envoy off the power stays on for something like 10 minutes or until a door is opened. Next time you have a chance turn it off and listen to the radio, see how long it goes for. You might find something wrong there. It may also be the charging system. The Aztek I had was charging at 9 volts - yet the dealer said that the altenator was sending out 14. I never did understand that one but did see the $1600 work order for a battery, bcm/pcm, power seat motor, seat heater switches and new hvac unit. After all that **** was replaced it worked fine until the Theftlock system stopped recognizing the key - new module there as well. Then they replaced the keyless entry control module. After all that the starting problem was solved. Only took 8 million trips to the dealer and 6 months!! :p

Hope you can get things solved soon. You should be able to use the lemon law. Something about 3 failed attempts to fix the same issue. Ask for a new one. I ended up getting a loaded Montana for an extra $50/month and it was over $9000.00 more expensive than the Aztek. All is good now. :D

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.