GM Inside News Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,293 Posts
Why is it taking so long for DoD to come to market when DCX already has it? I heard about it first in reference to GM trucks. I didn't even know Chrysler had a program of its own until it hit the market. Like a sneak attack.

Anyway, 1 mpg is good, I guess. I'm not sure how that's going to affect sales. Do you think anyone will notice? Will there be ads that say "now you can go 1 extra mile?"

·
Registered
6 Posts
For what it's worth:

Silverado 2004 long bed 4-speed auto tranny, 4.8L, 4x4, stock, 3,000 miles on it....

Springfield Missouri to Omaha Nebraska, pretty darn flat... no mountains, anyway. Quite a bit of 65 and 70 mph driving. Drove through towns for around 20 miles of the trip. A small amount of stop and go in the cities.

20.5 mpg. Figures are accurate. Did not drive in an attempt to increase mileage. Wind not a factor.

That's not shabby for a full-size pick-em-up truck.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
Originally posted by obbop@Jul 30 2004, 09:50 PM
For what it's worth:

Silverado 2004 long bed 4-speed auto tranny, 4.8L, 4x4, stock, 3,000 miles on it....

Springfield Missouri to Omaha Nebraska, pretty darn flat... no mountains, anyway. Quite a bit of 65 and 70 mph driving. Drove through towns for around 20 miles of the trip. A small amount of stop and go in the cities.

20.5 mpg. Figures are accurate. Did not drive in an attempt to increase mileage. Wind not a factor.

That's not shabby for a full-size pick-em-up truck.
A 270 hp full-size 4X4 pickup getting 20.5 mpg. That is outstanding. I'd like to hear more stories like this because I really believe that GM has a solid advantage here. Thanks.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.