GM Inside News Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,856 Posts
I'm mucho disappointed that the SRX is not selling better than just 2,200+ units a month, though I understand that GM favored more expensive models in the very beginning of production. I hope that sales will continue to improve, as I see this new-fangled SRX deserving at least half the sales volume of the decidely less attractive (IMO) RX330.

On the whole, its "Art & Science" exterior is quite fetchin'. And although I declined a test drive at the dealer (prior commitment, don't you know), I sat in it and found the layout to be generally quite impressive, though the finish material could be a bit more upscale, and the third row seat seemed cramped and appropriate for the sub-5 year-old crowd only.

All in all, I agreed with the generally pleasing review (above). I hope that it translates into more solid sales for Caddy.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Ive driven a V8 SRX that had both navvy and magnetic ride, their tester just wasnt optioned out with it. Its a great driving suv, and it deserves all hte praise it gets.

·
Registered
43,961 Posts
Well... I finally saw an SRX V8 on the road the other evening. Actually, I wasn't too sure it was an SRX. I had never seen a taillight pattern quite like it. And as I got closer, I saw it was an SUV...and assumed it was the SRX untill I actually saw the "SRX" moniker.

ANyways... those taillights are BRIGHT!! 2 LED strips per taillight. One strip for the signal... one strip that's always on. Both light up when you brake. I thought it was kind of clever to have one of the 2 strips blink as a signal lamp. And when you brake... it lights up the entire highway (seemingly).

SRX looks awesome. Still wish the dash was better looking.

133 Posts
...again a solid base hit up the middle. Runners advance....

:afro:

·
Registered
2,875 Posts
nice, that SRX is getting a lot of positive remarks from a lot of different places. It did win the truck of the year.
from where did the SRX win truck of the year? i know MT gave those honors to the VW Touareg.

·
Registered
34 Posts
:bounce:

I have test driven three vehicles, all tricked out. I have to say that is my only grumble was the third row seat. It is cramped and indian style seating comes to mind. Overall, I think that Cadillac is making strides in a segment dominated by imports. The 'Art & Science' design is just the beginning as far as I'm concerned. With the new 2005 STS making it to dealers in the late Fall and the new Deville next year, I say to the imports:

Cadillac is packin'. Are you?

:mf_boff:

·
Registered
41 Posts
From article: <<The SRX we drove didn’t have the available magnetic ride option and we’re very curious as to how much this would add to the ride quality. Having sampled a Corvette with this option last year, we immediately saw the vast improvement. We can only imagine the great addition it would make the SRX’s driving and ride dynamics. >>

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,420 Posts
Damn nice! I'm liking the SRX more and more...seems like they really got it about right. :bounce:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts