GM Inside News Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The way the GM frame hangs down is stupid. I know the allison tranny needs room to fit in there but could GM raise the frame so it doesn't show like other trucks. GM needs to get this problem fixed because it is one of the reasons why I would switch to Ford or Dodge.

·
Registered
10,431 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. I think the body is just raised higher on the frame, which is unusually low to the ground (the newer the design, the lower).

The low slung style is one thing I wish GM would stop. It is not just on trucks.
Has anyone taken a trailblazer off-road? Sure, the four wheel drive system performs well, but all you hear is the frame bouncing or scraping off rocks, or logs. The truck seems high up, but the body sits about 6 inches higher than the lowest part of the frame, which is visible from the sides. At least it has skidplates under the engine for some protection. Truck owners should not have to worry about frame clearance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I see what you are saying about using a step ladder but when you buy a 4x4, you want to be able have ground clearance. When I look at at new Chevy 2500 HD, I see I low truck that I can not fit bigger tires on without lifting the thing. Both Ford and Dodge allow you to go to the tire store and put wheels and tires on that are at least 285/75. The 2500 HD require a little trim job on the front plastic by the tire. I just think GM is missing out on some sales because of what you can do to Dodge or Ford without spending money on a lift kit.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Originally posted by member12@May 5 2004, 09:33 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I think the body is just raised higher on the frame, which is unusually low to the ground (the newer the design, the lower).

The low slung style is one thing I wish GM would stop. It is not just on trucks.
Has anyone taken a trailblazer off-road? Sure, the four wheel drive system performs well, but all you hear is the frame bouncing or scraping off rocks, or logs. The truck seems high up, but the body sits about 6 inches higher than the lowest part of the frame, which is visible from the sides. At least it has skidplates under the engine for some protection. Truck owners should not have to worry about frame clearance.
Yah I was kinda disappointed when i realized how low my TB really was. That oil pan doesnt help either, I think I could do more off road in my 94' Bravada I used to have than in the TB. They should offer a AWD TB at its current height for the people who want an SUV for the status, and have the 4WD version with higher ground clearance for people that use like its intended. Maybe a Z71 Trailblazer???

1 - 5 of 5 Posts